+ Follow This Topic

Thread: ex plays our songs when I sign online

ex plays our songs when I sign online

Some kind of AIM/iTunes connection on her laptop makes whatever song she's listening to show up next to her name on AIM. We've talked about it and she knows I can see them (I would sometimes make fun of the song she's listening to when we would talk online.)

Anyway. We haven't spoken in 2 months. The break up was kind of mutual, but it was her that wanted to have absolutely nothing to do with me, or be on any talking terms of any kind. It ended badly with her actually being rude as hell. Lately whenever I sign online and she's on, she plays song after song that were songs we used to listen to together or songs that we would consider "our songs."

It's kind of sad that I'm still even caring about stuff like this, and I know I should ignore it, but do you think she's doing this on purpose? And why do you think she's doing this?

What does it matter why she is doing this? No matter what kind of tricks she is trying to pull, the fact that you still remain broken up at the end of the day says it all. She wanted this, and until she says otherwise, she will continue to want to be broken up. Don't get sucked into a trap of trying to read between the lines of vague messages she may be sending you. Any attempt to pursue her is just going to push her away more anyway, because knowing that you are going to be there for her will give her more confidence to move forward.

For her to play these kind games anyway is kind of pathetic and sad in a way. She wants attention. Don't give it to her.

Simple solution to this? Take her off your buddy list. You won't hear from her until she sends you an IM. Fair enough?
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

^^ I agree. She's probably saying to herself "I bet I can get this guy to IM me even though I broke with him." Hell, she's probably making a bet with her friends she can get you to crawl back to her. And guess what? Once you do, she will be rude as hell again! Right now, she has power over you because you're letting her have power over you. Be a man and say enough is enough and delete her from your life.

And believe me, I have the same problems with this. I tended to read between the lines all the time! And guess where it led me? NOWHERE! In fact, it probably screwed me over even more than any break up ever did. Don't sulk about it. Don't say to yourself, "maybe there's a chance we can get back together." Guess what? There's no chance!

Who has everything to gain from this? HER! Who has everything to lose from this? YOU! She wants you to read a lot into it. Hell, she's counting on it. Why else would she be playing that stuff?

If you're going to fall for this you might as well pull your heart out of your chest and give it to her on a silver platter.

Now, don't worry, don't fret, and go live your life without her.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.