+ Follow This Topic

Thread: mistakes.

mistakes.

i'm finding myself, in learning this job (yes still after a year and a half) that i'm making so many mistakes.

but saying sorry is no good. i believe if you say "i'm sorry" too many times then you make it true for yourself.

i've become so careful about saying those words. so very careful.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

where are you guys?

Wisdom is experienced, not taught.

that's what my horoscope said today.

i'm really upset about my friend. i could really go at least 2 years without somebody dying.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    never be sorry, learn from your mistakes. everyone learns that way on the job. just think how many mistakes your bosses made before arriving at that position.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

I've found that "I'm sorry" doesn't do me a whole lot of good, from the receiving end. There's so much more to be gained from, "I'm going to fix this."
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I've found that "I'm sorry" doesn't do me a whole lot of good, from the receiving end. There's so much more to be gained from, "I'm going to fix this."
    I agree completely, "I'm sorry" is just too easy and is a way to avoid the problem or work through it without actually addressing anything.

I see it as kind of a morals thing. The guy that can just say "I'm sorry" is shit on your shoes. What matters is when you make a mistake and the fire reaches your door, can you step up and say "yeah, I screwed up, that was my fault."

You're still apologizing, but at the same time you are acknowledging fault and conveying that you understand why.

Your job is going to throw something different at you everyday, thats life. Mistakes matter to a degree, but generally isn't an issue unless you repeat it again and again, bar that you really screw up.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Miso, the only ppl who never make mistakes are dead. Or might as well be.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Use the Schwartz.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAFd4oL6o4s"]YouTube - Work Safe in the Kitchen - Australian Commercial[/ame]

aw mis i know what it feels like to feel down about loss, btw this really helped me something someone told me:

we as humans have energy. energy cannot be created nor destroyed but transformed. to me that means that persons energy has to go somewhere and lives on. feel better.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservation_of_energy[/url]
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

ps don't worry about making mistakes unless you are making the same mistakes over and over. mistakes are the best way to learn. once you make a mistake it's an opportunity to do things better.

don't worry too much.

gosh the amount of mistakes i have made since i started my business and really really stupid mistakes aswell, but the key is never to make the same mistake twice.
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 06-02-09 at 07:47 PM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm in a new field, and I make mistakes all the time. I just try and not make the same one twice.

My parents who are both superb lawyers said to me: "you're just going to have to accept you're not going to be any good at this for a long time."
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I live in fear of making a big mistake that could kill someone. I hope that my mistakes will all be small and fixable.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    never be sorry, learn from your mistakes. everyone learns that way on the job. just think how many mistakes your bosses made before arriving at that position.
    aw thanks. newbies are so nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    yeah, that's a good attitude to have.

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    ps don't worry about making mistakes unless you are making the same mistakes over and over. mistakes are the best way to learn. once you make a mistake it's an opportunity to do things better.

don't worry too much.

gosh the amount of mistakes i have made since i started my business and really really stupid mistakes aswell, but the key is never to make the same mistake twice.
    i've made the mistake of making the same mistake lots of times.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I live in fear of making a big mistake that could kill someone. I hope that my mistakes will all be small and fixable.
    yeah, i'm not in exactly the same kind of boat, but i am in a position where somebody's health is at risk if i mess up. scary.