+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Asking your girlfriend your gift back with a reasonable reasons and thoughts

Asking your girlfriend your gift back with a reasonable reasons and thoughts

Is it ok for me to ask for my gift back? During the relationship, I bought her a serval necklaces as a present. With the pure intention of love and show her how much I appreciate her. Regardless of the price, these gifts represent my heart and love. But now due to all sort of reasons including the mental illness, she suddenly thinks that these gifts had became I chain that I tangled her on. She thinks she doesn't deserve all these thing as she has a really negative thoughts on things always end badly. Therefore preventing getting hurts herself, she recently broke it off.I know a gift is a gift, but these aren't just a gift, they were my heart and soul. If she sees it as something else or thinks I bought them with bad intention (such as trying to guilty trip her), then these gifts had lost their purpose. These necklace will just be stone and steel to me. I rather put it in a bin or just a random new born baby. Beside, if she is seeing someone else in the future, I can't stand the fact that she wearing that necklace but she is in the arm of someone else. I still remember the night when I put it on her neck and the smile that was on her face. The necklace meant too much for me.

A gift is only a gift, when you don't expect anything in return.

Quote Originally Posted by toknow View Post
    A gift is only a gift, when you don't expect anything in return.
    But I didn't ask for anything in return. She sees it as a bribe now, and I feel it is an insult for her to put it on if she dates another guy in the future

You need to let it go. It makes you look immature and bitter asking for gifts back coz you broke up. Even though thats not y you want them back-thats how its gonna look to her.

When i dumped my ex i also dumped all the presents he ever gave me.. we split on bad terms

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".