+ Follow This Topic

Thread: NOLA Politics: Crooked Democrat Out, 1st Republican Viet in Congress!

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

NOLA Politics: Crooked Democrat Out, 1st Republican Viet in Congress!

[url]http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2008/12/jefferson_cao_in_dead_heat.html[/url]

I voted for Cao! (pronounced "Cow or Gow").

Jefferson was found with 90,000 dollars in cash in his freezer and is to go to trial in 2009.

It still disgusts me that people would even vote for this guy, though.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2wmiIMpTSA"]YouTube - Confronting Rep. William Jefferson about ethics in Congress[/ame]
    Last edited by Junket; 08-12-08 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    [url]http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2008/12/jefferson_cao_in_dead_heat.html[/url]

I voted for Cao! (pronounced "Chow").

Jefferson was found with 90,000 dollars in cash in his freezer and is to go to trial in 2009.

Good. Hopefully he'll turn the city around and then the Katrina evacuees can get out of my city

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreek View Post
    Good. Hopefully he'll turn the city around and then the Katrina evacuees can get out of my city
    Nah, I wouldn't bet on that.

People that've stayed there either don't have the money to move back, or no longer want to have to deal with hurricane evacuations.

I'm living here because work is easy to come by.

Cao probably won't last past 2010, sadly, that's just the way things run in a city like this.

Nah, I wouldn't bet on that.

People that've stayed there either don't have the money to move back, or no longer want to have to deal with hurricane evacuations.

I'm living here because work is easy to come by.

Cao probably won't last past 2010, sadly, that's just the way things run in a city like this.
    That sucks, man. It just drives me crazy that I'll come home from school on a half day and I'll be driving on the road to my house (which used to be a fine area pre-Katrina) and I'll see them just wandering around the streets at 1:15 in the afternoon. It's like seriously, get a ****ing job.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreek View Post
    That sucks, man. It just drives me crazy that I'll come home from school on a half day and I'll be driving on the road to my house (which used to be a fine area pre-Katrina) and I'll see them just wandering around the streets at 1:15 in the afternoon. It's like seriously, get a ****ing job.
    Makes me wonder what New Orleans was like before Katrina, because even still you'll find shit like that in areas of the city.

The other thing is that the population demographics have changed a lot since the storm as a lot of volunteers and workers came down here after the storm to clean up/rebuild the city and are now residents. There's a lot of people from Texas, New York, Minnesota, and Pennsylvania down here. So New Orleans probably benefited in a way from having a lot of the poor evacuated out.

Kinda sucks for cities like your own, though.

It's culture.

-shrug-

I'll just move out when I'm tired of the city or find something good elsewhere.

Makes me wonder what New Orleans was like before Katrina, because even still you'll find shit like that in areas of the city.

The other thing is that the population demographics have changed a lot since the storm as a lot of volunteers and workers came down here after the storm to clean up/rebuild the city and are now residents. There's a lot of people from Texas, New York, Minnesota, and Pennsylvania down here. So New Orleans probably benefited in a way from having a lot of the poor evacuated out.

Kinda sucks for cities like your own, though.

It's culture.

-shrug-

I'll just move out when I'm tired of the city or find something good elsewhere.
    Yeah, it sucks, but it's getting better. The cops upped their patrols and those punks learned where not to go. The bad thing is violent crime and murder both doubled in the area when they got here.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    When I was a wee kid Marion Barry, then mayor of DC, was caught red-handed in a hotel room with cocaine. This in the height of the DC drug crises. And he was reelected. Nothing really surprises me.
    Last edited by Gribble; 08-12-08 at 06:26 AM.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hahhahaaaa.... I love that story Gribble. For some reason it came up as a discussion with me and my cousins during Thanksgiving this year