+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Quite the dilemma, Advice would be greatly appreciated

Quite the dilemma, Advice would be greatly appreciated

My good friend (a guy, let's call him P) introduced me to several of his friends from church. Most of them were girls, and I ended up hitting it off with two of them (A and B). A third girl (let's call her C) was very pretty, but i didn't really interact with her. Eventually he told me he had a crush on her and he had been trying to ask her out several times. After a month, I began seeing the two girls more often, and I eventually asked one of them out (A). We went out for two months and then she decided that we should break it off.

Since then, I have been talking a lot to the other girl (B), since she's a very good listener and I hadn't decided to ask her out the first time since she seemed more of the friend type. The past months after my break-up I became closer to this girl and I am trying not to turn this friendship into a relationship. However, last week I ended up hanging out with her (B) and my friend's crush (C) and several others. As the others left, I ended up going to a place to buy some drinks (non-alchoholic) and took a friend (completely new to story, let's call him X) with me. When we were getting into my car, he (X) asks the girl (C) if she wanted to go along. Surprisingly she says yes, even though I had never really talked to her. She takes shotgun and I drive to the store. I had figured it would be a very silent and awkward drive, but it ended up being relatively friendly and only minutely awkward. In fact, by the end of it I felt pretty comfortable with her company. Later on, I ended up talking to her (C) and my other friend (B) for a while. It was a really enjoyable time and I feel like I became a lot closer to her (C). As I went home, I thought more about her, and realized she really is a nice girl.

I liked a lot of things about her, and the funny thing is, she's the exact opposite of my ex-girlfriend. And I had still been hung up on her, yet after that day, I felt over it. I think that I've gotten a crush on C. My friend, B, once told me that to get over the break-up, I just need to like someone else. It looks like it's true. Yet she is still my friend's crush I believe.. He had been rejected by her twice and she refers to him as a friend and only a friend. I know, for a fact, that she will not be in a relationship with him.

But my dilemma is this: During my first relationship, which I was introduced to by my friend, P, I ended up only sustaining the relationship and P and I aren't very close anymore. I realize I was a bad friend to him, but I was excited being in my first relationship. We still haven't really gotten too close from there, and now I don't want to tell him that I like the same girl that he does. And also, I haven't seen the girl, C, since that day so I don't want to jump to conclusions that I like this girl already.
    I'm not sure whether to go on and continue to talk to C more, talk to P about it, talk to B about it, or just keep it all to myself and not do anything more. Please feel free to say anything and comment however you'd like. Advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Life is not the amount of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    If you don't owe any of them a favor, then go for it. Besides, its just a crush, its not like he's going after her anyway.
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest

I'm relatively sure he's still going after her.. he always asks "where's C today?", etc. And I do feel like I owe him something. He did introduce me to some great people, and, although we haven't been on great terms, he hasn't ever been unkind or spited in any way. So I feel as if going for the girl he likes would be the catalyst to a very bad reaction..
    Life is not the amount of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.