+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Passion for Life

Passion for Life

I've been seeing a girl for 3 months (we were previously just friends)...

We talk a lot and it's becoming clear that we have different goals in life... while we both have a wide variety of interests, she's passionate about swimming (she wants to go to the olympics), and I'm passionate about my career. She doesn't have much of a career plan at all, and it doesn't interest her at all. And I'm not really interested in swimming (at all..I try but it bores me really bad).

I don't know what to do... is this a sign that we aren't meant to be, or should we try to look past the fact that our main passions are different and try to focus more on our similarities??

Any advice appreciated as this is of great importance to me - I don't want to risk breaking up if we can still find a way to be together...

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    ...and I'm passionate about my career. She doesn't have much of a career plan at all
    How important is it to you that she has a career plan? If it's enough to tip the boat over then forget it.

And I'm not really interested in swimming (at all..I try but it bores me really bad).
    You are NOT required to take interest of your girlfriends activities. However, you should be supportive of it, IF it is something constructive.
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest

going to olympics is a career
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

my ex is madly passionate about joining the RAF as a helicopter pilot and playing the guitar... i'm madly passionate about art, languages and playing the violin.. we lasted 20 months and are still the best of friends. you may not care for their passions at all but you will learn a lot from each other given time. you'd be surprised how such polar opposite subjects can be linked. embrace the similarities and learn from the differences.
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.