+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need Advice on Relationship

Need Advice on Relationship

I'm a male and I've been in relationship with my girl friend for many years and I'm in my late 20's, we share our lives and make plans together.

I'm however not physically attracted to her anymore, even when she was looking good it didn't feel right to be. This has been the case for quite a long time. Somehow I feel repulsed by acts intimacy with her.

I've been telling myself that I don't need physical attraction or intimacy, but I'm realising this isn't true. It's been on my mind for a while and I've kind of half heartedly tried to fix it.

I love her and see a future but cannot see myself lusting for her or even feeling sexually attracted to her. Even when I try to overcome this actively the action repulses me. I've never had an urge for marriage or children with her but these things are starting to cross my mind in general.

How can I fix my relationship so I can feel fulfilled and be the partner she deserves? I would like to give it my best shot to spark something special because she's a great girl and I love so much about her. I also don't want to waste anymore of hers or my time. Is this possible? I'm lost as to what to do...

How can you say you love her and yet be repulsed by her?

Quote Originally Posted by chinagirl View Post
    How can you say you love her and yet be repulsed by her?
    Repulsed by intimacy with her not by her.

That's even worst. If you love someone, you can't wait to get your hands on you partner and make love to her. Have you tried going to a therapist?

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe there are some underlying issues your having that you're not even aware of?
    Last edited by chinagirl; 13-06-14 at 02:36 PM.

Have you tried doing it in a dark room with the lights off?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Are you repulsed by the thought of having sex with HER? or repulsed by the act of sex?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Does she not make an effort with her appearance? Is she overweight? Be more specific please.. what is unattractive about her? What would make you more attracted to her?
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Why not just get drunk and imagine she's someone attractive. Always worked for me in the past.