+ Follow This Topic

Thread: advice on how to get rid of a creepy guy?

advice on how to get rid of a creepy guy?

so since me and my ex broke up, I've been hanging out with some friends and through them met new people. there's this one guy who was friends with my friends, I met him on two occasions. never really talked to him much when we went out, but it was fun hanging out in a group. anyways, he got my number and has asked me to hang out. straight off the bat I told him that I had just gotten out of a relationship, I wasn't interested in hanging out one on one and would hang out in a group, but I didn't wanna do the whole "date" thing. keep in mind I have ZERO interest in this guy. he was all "oh I know, I just wanna get to know you..." and I was like no, "getting to know me" means a date, and I don't wanna do that. so he left me alone for a bit, and will text me every now and then asking to hang out. I keep going yeah, we ALL are going out Saturday, you could come with us if you want, etc. the other night he texted me "hey gorgeous" and asked when I'm free... again, I mentioned when everyone was hanging out, and he said "we need to hang out just us two." I never answered the idiot back, because it's clear he's not understanding me when I say I DON'T WANNA DATE HIM.

so my friends are going out tonight, and I guess they invited him. so he texted my girlfriend back and said "I'll come, but only if Ashley is willing to make out with me!" my friend responded back and basically said absolutely not, Ashley has no interest in hooking up or doing anything like that right now. he kept being persistent and said "she won't even make out with me?" and my friend said... NO. he kept it up and was saying stuff like "oh we could share her, you can be her friend and drink witih her, and I get to have sex with her!" this literally pissed me off so much; I barely even know this creeper, and also the fact that he's stating he can SHARE me and have sex with me... WTF? I have no interest in this shit! my friend basically told him off, but the dude is so creepy and persistent that I don't think he's gotten the idea through his head.

if he ends up showing up, I'm not gonna talk to him, and the next time he tries asking me to hang out, I'm gonna tell him off. any advice on what I should do if I have to see him? I don't get why this guy won't get the hint, since I blatantly told him I didn't want to date him, and my friend has said the same.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You need to tell him directly you aren't interested in dating him, and you want him to stop asking. Don't be sweet about it.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

You need to tell him that you're my girl dammit! (cue psycho music) !!!

Ashley a bit of advice for the future.....if a guy you have no interest in hits on you, make it clear you don't right up front. Never ever give excuses to avoid confrontation, like "I just got out of a relationship or "I'm busy" or"I'm not interested in hanging out one on one and would hang out in a group" Saying those things is still an open invitation to maybe.

Tell this guy in person (make sure you have friends to back you up there too) you will never ever want anything to do with him, and that his comments about making out and having sex will no longer be tolerated. And tell him to lose your number.

Block him on your phone too while you are at it.

Hun I hope that will be the end of it. I have had a creepy guy from high school that still to this day like 30 years later still creeping me out with him showing up where I shop and stuff. Sometimes telling them to leave you alone doesn't work. Best of luck.

He seems to have reached the annoying stage. That stage where they just don't take 'no' for an answer, they keep on hounding and it begins to wear us down.

It's also the stage where I tend to lose my patience and realise 'niceness' doesn't work. And I will politely tell him to 'eff off'.

Harsh...but it works. Or did for me.

I will do this guys! sometimes I forget to realize that some people don't take subtle hints or even no for an answer... they literally need to be SHOWN that we have zero interest

As a guy, sometimes I wish girls were more brutal with us. It's a fact that guys interpret friendliness for flirting a lot more often than they should, and you may have inadvertently done things which he's interpreted as signs of potential interest. I am NOT blaming you, I'm blaming his dysfunctional male mind - but you definitely need to make it absolutely clear that you have absolutely no interest in him (none of this "I just got out of a relationship" nonsense) and that his comments are totally unacceptable. Actually, hit him to really get the message across. Seriously, what a jerk to do and say all those things.

Quote Originally Posted by ashley89 View Post
    I will do this guys! sometimes I forget to realize that some people don't take subtle hints or even no for an answer... they literally need to be SHOWN that we have zero interest
    Yep....or he thinks you are playing hard to get otherwise.