+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mums and mother in laws

mums and mother in laws

we really just don't get on well.

every conversation we have ends in us arguing.

i'm trying to make some effort because i want my bf to meet them (soon) but honestly i think its best to just not talk to her unless i have to.

how bad are mother-in-laws? theres a saying like your mother inlaw is much worse then your mum or some bs like that..o god

i have my bf and i love him to death but i cling to him way too much. sometimes i get scared he'll think i'm too clingy and he'll leave me for it. but he keeps me sane.

its like my mums giving me mixed signals. the other day she was asking me about my bf (this is really really odd) and then the next day shes chucking curses left right and centre. like wtf?

i've tried really hard to get my bf to be able to come round, and if he comes round and something bad kicks off then what do i do?

i have feelings and emotions that everyone keeps fcking with and i don't wana be another problem for my bf to deal with. we already have finals to stress over. first 2 are next week
    Last edited by PussyCatDoll; 25-04-08 at 03:31 AM.
    Gee..I thought I saw a pussycat. ~PCD

Tedel Guest
    I can't tell, everyone is different. Anyway, I remember mum used to tell me this:

"When falling in love, get to know her mother. Your girlfriend will be just like that when she gets older."

She's benn very right so far.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It is normal to be a little scared about meeting the boyfriend's mom. Frankly, if you didn't care at all what she thought, I would think there was something very wrong with you.

That said, I think she will like you. You obviously worship the ground her boy walks on. You are a good girl that hasn't slept with 500 other boys. You are enrolled in college and making something of yourself. You are both of the same religious background and share similar values.

Personally, I'd be thrilled.

Just be your charming self, be polite, defer to her as your elder (remember you are trying to work your way into HER family, not the reverse, so you will have to be a bit more flexible than she needs to be).

Keep in mind that she will want you to like her, too. Moms are worried about their bitchy daughter-in-laws taking their sons away forever, too.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by Tedel View Post
    I can't tell, everyone is different. Anyway, I remember mum used to tell me this:

"When falling in love, get to know her mother. Your girlfriend will be just like that when she gets older."

She's benn very right so far.
    for the love of god...NOO lol muahahahahha

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    It is normal to be a little scared about meeting the boyfriend's mom. Frankly, if you didn't care at all what she thought, I would think there was something very wrong with you.

That said, I think she will like you. You obviously worship the ground her boy walks on. You are a good girl that hasn't slept with 500 other boys. You are enrolled in college and making something of yourself. You are both of the same religious background and share similar values.

Personally, I'd be thrilled.

Just be your charming self, be polite, defer to her as your elder (remember you are trying to work your way into HER family, not the reverse, so you will have to be a bit more flexible than she needs to be).

Keep in mind that she will want you to like her, too. Moms are worried about their bitchy daughter-in-laws taking their sons away forever, too.

thanks vash. i needed that

well as you all know my S.O is meant to be coming round mine to meet the parents for the first time BUT now his mum wants to speak to my mum.

what the hek? we were fine. he was gona come, but shes refusing to allow him to come until shes spoken to my mum on the phone and then she comes with him.

arggggh i'm already stressed. i have 3 exams in the next 3 days

This timing is terrible- put it off until next month when finals are over. I am absolutely sure that this is going to be one of the most stressful things you've ever done. Give yourself a chance to be able to do it right. Now is not the time.
    Spammer Spanker

well we did set a date for after finals, but she wants to call my mum.

what can she possibly have to say?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She is going to find out if you come from a respectable famiy with good moral values.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Wow, they make this whole meeting sound very dramatic!

Seriously, I wouldn't worry about what your bf's mom is going to think of you, you are nice and respectable and it will show through. I would be more worried if you were a lazy bitchy whiny princess that had nothing going on in your life, but that's not the case, so I'd breathe easy. Just get it over with, it'll be easier than you think.

As for him meeting your mom, well, I always stress about that too.......that the guy will think my parents are a bunch of crackerjacks, or they will hate HIM. Never turns out that way though....so what I'm basically saying is that you're probably worried for nothing. All you can do is introduce them and see how it goes.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by PussyCatDoll View Post
    its like my mums giving me mixed signals. the other day she was asking me about my bf (this is really really odd) and then the next day shes chucking curses left right and centre. like wtf?
    What did she esay exactly? What are her criticisms?
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

so his mum phoned my mum.

when i got home my mum was giving me a suspicious look, and i thought it was best to play innocent.

she told me that his mum rang, and they had a nervous (giggly) chat.

and that they decided its best to come officialy after exams (which is 2 weeks).

then she wanted to know
    1-how serious i was about him
    2- how i know hes not using me
    3- if i want to marry him
    4- if i would consider marrying one of 2 other guys she suggested.

my responses were
    1. very
    2. hahahah
    3.yes
    4. no

so bring - it - on. this is practically a proposal for in a few years time.

oh ye she said she has to tell my dad about him now i don't know how thats gona go down.

and my only grandparent is gona be pissed as hell.(i'm meant to marry my cousin you see, one of the options my mum suggested)

and i only have 2 exams left.

Wow. I would never even think of trying to pick out a husband for my daughter.
    Spammer Spanker

meh its 'normal' for us hahahahaha

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ew - they wanted to marry you to your cousin? What's your background PCD?
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

i'm asian, 20 this year, oldest child.
    been with my bf for almost 3 years.
    Last edited by PussyCatDoll; 14-05-08 at 02:17 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast