+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Long distance ex ok with me visiting

Long distance ex ok with me visiting

Me and my ex girlfriend have been apart for over a month now. She basically wasn't happy because she thought I had gotten too comfortable in the relationship. Which I admitted. I know I had been lazy and took her for granted.

I only had contact with her when she contacted me for the first 3.5 weeks. She would text me and really seemed to be regretting things last week, so I opened up the communication a little more. Just trying to be friendly and not bring up getting back together. She FaceTimed me on Friday morning and was sort of flirty and reminiscing about us. I brought up maybe visiting her for a weekend coming up. She said it would be good to see me.

I honestly think she's the girl for me and I know she felt like that at one point and still thinks that we share a lot of common values that would be good in a mate. She just feels like I didn't try.

I guess my question is how should I approach this, just be smooth and treat her like a friend or do I try and bring up talking about us? I've really worked on myself the past month (I know there is more work to do) and I think she'll see that I'm not some lazy dude that took her for granted.

Advice?

Hello

This guy could give you some advice
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

What's changed? You're still long distance so you'll never be able to give her the time she wants? You're still going to be lazy about the relationship since it is long distance and you're going to be opening up a bunch of old wounds that, had you stayed NC, would be well on their way to healing.

What are your plans to be in the same city and end this long distance stuff? Why are you long distance and how long will it remain that way?

Unless you have concrete plans to be in the same place one day in the near future then LDR's are just a waste of everyone's well being and contentedness. Be careful going forward. Really know what you want before you shred one another yet again.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

She knows I had a plan to move there. It wasn't the distance according to her. As for the laziness I haven't been lazy in my own life since the breakup. I'm hoping even if we don't get back together that I'll continue to work on myself because it feels good.
    Should I mention my plans to move to her?

Yes, I think you should mention that you're going to be moving to her city. Then I suggest you watch to see if she backs off. Knowing that you will be in her life in a more complex situation might just make you seem less attractive to her. If she doesn't back off, then perhaps she's viewing the possibilities in a positive light.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion