+ Follow This Topic

Thread: overflow-x not valid css

anachronistic Guest

overflow-x not valid css

i'm trying to finish the design on my website, and i got a little bit of this done today, but i went to go validate the css embedded in the document, i get one little error that my overflow-x element that's inside the css embedded in my page is not valid css. ****!

i had:
    overflow-x: hidden;
    overflow-y: scroll;

a URL for your viewing [removed] (note: don't go to the other pages, they're kinda unreadable right now)

so i did some research on it and found out it was some sort of microsoft implementation, that it's available in firefox 1.5+, and that it's a proposal for css 3.

i'm looking for an easy alternative to hide the horizontal scroll bar. i want the vertical scrollbar to be visible all the time, but i'm not sure if there's an alternative. overflow: auto; would be an option if i had more content on the page (which will soon be) if you guys have any alternatives for XHTML CSS or PHP i am open. I am hesitant about using javascript, but i may have to use it soon.
    Last edited by anachronistic; 27-08-07 at 09:58 AM.

I don't think we have many webmasters here.. i don't play with CSS much which is very popular these days.. (lazy to learn) still sticking with the usual html.

Try sitepoint.com .
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

anachronistic Guest
    i thought i'd try my luck on this website, there are a few people that do web here.

if you want to learn some css, i am actually writing a tutorial that implements it, called 'becoming a modern web designer', pm me if you want to know when i publish it.

thanks for the site

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    i thought i'd try my luck on this website, there are a few people that do web here.

if you want to learn some css, i am actually writing a tutorial that implements it, called 'becoming a modern web designer', pm me if you want to know when i publish it.

thanks for the site
    cool. i know where to get tutorials on the net.
    Thanks lilwing.
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"