Hi, this is my first post here and hoping you can offer me some advice.

I've been with my guy for a couple of months now, it's moved very fast and we're living together already. I know people will think that's crazy, but it seems right and there's no issue about that (we get on great, don't bug each other and want to be around each other all the time anyway, so why not?).

The thing I'm having trouble with at the moment is over the weekend I found out he'd been lying to me about something.

He used to fancy one of my best friends, up until around a month before we got together. I went into the relationship knowing this, and whilst I didn't like it so much it was something that just was. One time we were out, and I'd had a couple of drinks so got a bit upset about it (and I mean a bit, there was no drama or anything). Anyway, he flat out denied that he'd ever liked her, said he didn't find her attractive at all and when people were saying he liked her, he had meant me instead (my friend and I have the same name).

In a roundabout kinda way, it had come up a couple of times since then- not me repeatedly asking him, more a 'when I thought you used to like ****...' kidna thing.

Over the weekend, it all came out that it was true. It took me about an hour of crying and loosing my temper (I know, I didn't deal with it so well) to actually drag it out of him. He kept lying throughout this and it was only my continued efforts that finally got the truth out of him (he also told me how he'd gone to meet up with her at a festival thinking that he was going to sleep with her, and this whole thing came out when ****'s guy asked him why my guy said they'd kissed at the festival- I'm pretty sure this didn't happen but still can't be 100%). It pretty much killed me inside. The fact that he liked her isn't the biggest issue- it's the lies.

The reason the lies are hurting so bad is about a week after he said he'd never liked her, something else happened where he lied (nothing affecting the relationship NOW, something that he'd not told me about from his past). I asked and asked him never to lie to me again, and he promised that he wouldn't and there was nothing left for him to be lying about- which is obviously not true.

I just wish he could have said something like 'I'm really sorry, but that's all in the past now and she's nothing compared to you'. That would have been the end of the whole damn thing.

I'm pretty sure that I do still want to be with him, I drew up a list of Pros/Cons earlier and the lying is the only real Con.

How do I deal with this- how do I get past the lies and be able to trust him again? I know they're not the biggest set of lies ever to have left anyone's month but it still hurt like a bitch.