+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I don't know what to do or think.

I don't know what to do or think.

My boyfriend and I broke up about 6 weeks ago. Before that we’d been together 18 months. He’s in the army. At the time of the break-up, he was stationed in Korea, and communication hadn’t been going too well. He actually broke up with me through text message (He wasn’t just being a jerk. He actually had a good reason for doing it via text message). The text message wasn’t very clear, so he agreed to discuss it with me in person when he returned (just 2-3 weeks later).

Well, set a time to meet and discuss it like civilized individuals. I actually had every intention on getting back together with him before I arrived, but as he explained…my views changed.

(Please note that I am 17 years old attending high school and college with dreams of becoming a pediatric or family nurse practitioner. He’s 20, in the army, and doesn’t know what he wants yet). He told me that I was 17 years old, a junior in high school, and I’m starting to make a lot of grown up decisions about my life. He said that he wants me to make those decisions for me…not for him or us. He said the same went for him. He’s 20 years old, when he gets out the army he has to make decisions about his life and its hard for him to do that attached to a girlfriend. He feels that our lives are going in two different directions right now. Plus, he’s probably going to be deployed for the next two years, and he couldn’t take the long distance thing anymore. We decided to try and stay friends (as long as we were both still single). I understand what he said.

At this point I do want to get back together right now because I know it won’t be good for either one of us. I do still love him a lot, and I feel like we can someday get back together and make it work after we’ve actually got comfortably settled into our adult lives. My problem is I’ve had too much time to think and get too many outside opinions. I know deep down inside that he’s right. Sometimes it feels like maybe he never really loved me in the first place. It just doesn’t really seem to bother him. Sometimes it feels like he just doesn’t want me and was just too nice to say. He insists on me finding someone else “better than him”. He even volunteered to help me find someone, and I can’t help thinking,”You want to get rid of me that bad.” I don’t understand how he’s okay with it…any of it. He won’t even let me have his phone number. I asked because I was deactivating my Facebook account and I wanted to keep in touch (when I was ready…I’m following the no contact rule until the end of February). I told him I understood if he wasn’t comfortable doing it. I just never thought he’d never not give it to mme. He said he wanted to keep it on social media basis “For now…just for now” Those were his exact words. I’m not really sure what to think. Your thoughts?

let go and move on the guy is right and he told you the truth ,he cant handle long distance relationship. the thing is we human being don't want the truth, but all he is doing is to save you feeling even though you see it in a different point of view
    dr Leo the powerful love spell caster

drleo.co.za