+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why does my brother act in these ways?not a love question but maybe you can help..

Why does my brother act in these ways?not a love question but maybe you can help..

even in our 30's he still wants to try to tell me what to do,never really compliments me for anything good i've done,doesn't even take note of what i've accomplish and orovercome.I just freaking hate his guts at times.I wonder if he knows it.He comes acros these ways and wonders why i don't visit his kids etc...and or see him at family functions.What is his deal?i can understand it if you are teens,but even up to now he is like this.He has acted really supportive of me in some ways,but it's those other ways he acts that really makes me hate his *** sometimes.Do you think he knows it..?he also tries to tel;l me what to do(in an annoying way)Last time i saw him i just hugged him and the didn't talk to him much.........We are all artists so i thought we would have common bond,but even at our age v32(me) and he's 37 it's like he wants to feel better and does stupid actions(ones that can make me go off)wrongly He's acts like a piece of crap....even my brother of 12 years older gets along better with me and is MUCH more supportive.Is my older brother delusional?the middle one i'm complaining about..I'm fit and go to the gym and he's fat(he's constantly got problems with his health because he doesn't take care of himself or his diet), so i wonder if that has something to do.Grown freaking men and he still acts like this...why can't he just admit that he has shortcomings and just can't measure up instead of being a moron about things?

I even went off to him to his face one time,and he still has the nerve?

why would a guy hug his brother eww

thanks for the"advice"....

Quote Originally Posted by grantqw View Post
    even in our 30's he still wants to try to tell me what to do,never really compliments me for anything good i've done,doesn't even take note of what i've accomplish and orovercome.I just freaking hate his guts at times.I wonder if he knows it.He comes acros these ways and wonders why i don't visit his kids etc...and or see him at family functions.What is his deal?i can understand it if you are teens,but even up to now he is like this.He has acted really supportive of me in some ways,but it's those other ways he acts that really makes me hate his *** sometimes.Do you think he knows it..?he also tries to tel;l me what to do(in an annoying way)Last time i saw him i just hugged him and the didn't talk to him much.........We are all artists so i thought we would have common bond,but even at our age v32(me) and he's 37 it's like he wants to feel better and does stupid actions(ones that can make me go off)wrongly He's acts like a piece of crap....even my brother of 12 years older gets along better with me and is MUCH more supportive.Is my older brother delusional?the middle one i'm complaining about..I'm fit and go to the gym and he's fat(he's constantly got problems with his health because he doesn't take care of himself or his diet), so i wonder if that has something to do.Grown freaking men and he still acts like this...why can't he just admit that he has shortcomings and just can't measure up instead of being a moron about things?

I even went off to him to his face one time,and he still has the nerve?
    Maybe he has jealousy issues. What else does he do besides not compliment you and not take note of your accomplishments? And don't pay any mind to shammi. He seems to be a bit of a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonMI View Post
    Maybe he has jealousy issues. What else does he do besides not compliment you and not take note of your accomplishments? And don't pay any mind to shammi. He seems to be a bit of a moron.

at shannonmi...

the non-complimenting thing i can understand,it's not so much that.it's the fact that he seems a bit"delusional"
    and thinks that we are still 12 and 17.I just don'tr like him trying to tell me what to do(even if it' him telling me to move in for a picture in a certain tone of voice)I even went off to his face(not yelled),but was really angry when he told me what to do one time.And he said he was sorry,and then he rep eats it when i see him at another family function.It's just too much detail to get into,but it's things like those and the other things in the post that i mentioned thta are kind of a cumulative of what i'm getting at.It's the fact that we are in our 30's and he STILL acts like this.....i've changed alot since our childhood(even my brother(my other one) who is 12 years older than me. acknowledges that and is also supportive of things i've done,even if HE can be a tad bit critical sometimes)It's just that my brother who is 5 years older still acts these ways
    Last edited by grantqw; 28-08-10 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by grantqw View Post
    at shannonmi...

the non-complimenting thing i can understand,it's not so much that.it's the fact that he seems a bit"delusional"
    and thinks that we are still 12 and 17.I just don'tr like him trying to tell me what to do(even if it' him telling me to move in for a picture in a certain tone of voice)I even went off to his face(not yelled),but was really angry when he told me what to do one time.And he said he was sorry,and then he rep eats it when i see him at another family function.It's just too much detail to get into,but it's things like those and the other things in the post that i mentioned thta are kind of a cumulative of what i'm getting at.It's the fact that we are in our 30's and he STILL acts like this.....i've changed alot since our childhood(even my brother(my other one) who is 12 years older than me. acknowledges that and is also supportive of things i've done,even if HE can be a tad bit critical sometimes)It's just that my brother who is 5 years older than me still acts these ways and at our age it's quite confusing....it's like part of him wants me to be that guy i was in my childhood..
    Maybe some of this stems from jealousy (not complimenting you or acknowledging your achievments) or it's just the way he treats you. Maybe he's condescending by nature. He treated you this way when you were kids and maybe he still considers you his kid brother and he can treat you this way. I don't really know. You should ask him what his deal is. You are a grown man and you don't need him telling you what to do. Tell him that.