+ Follow This Topic

Thread: advice?

advice?

Hi everyone, sorry if this is too long, but I could really use some advice! I started dating this girl in early May. Over the course of the next couple of weeks, we hung out about 8 times. We did a variety of activities, from eating dinner to hiking to ice skating. We had a great time together and enjoyed many great conversations. The only thing that bugged me a little is that I was always the one to call/text her. However, I didn’t really mind because I figured that if she still wants to hang out when I ask her and continues to enjoy herself then it doesn’t matter.

I went to Europe at the end of May with a couple of friends for a post university graduation celebration. I returned to the states on July 1. I’ve talked to her twice on the phone since I’ve been back. She’s really busy these days as she works six days a week. I’m busy too though, as I’m studying for my MCAT exam. I feel like she doesn’t have the same level of interest in me that she used to. She lives about an hour away from me (she moved back to her parents house after graduation) so I offered to drive to see her after work one day. She replied with “well, if you want to, but we’re both pretty busy right now.” She’s busy this coming weekend, so I asked about next weekend and she said she might be free on Sunday (that’s her only day off from work). I’m not sure if I should take this as she’s not so interested, or if she really is super busy to the point where she can’t make much time for me. Although it’s always been me initiating our getting together I feel like she was more enthusiastic before I went to Europe. During our most recent phone conversation I felt like I was the only one making an effort to figure out a time when we can hang out.

I’ve been thinking maybe I should ask her straight up if she likes me or not. Obviously need to figure out a way to do it gracefully and not forcefully, but it’s irritating to have her occupy my mind so much if she doesn’t have much in the way of feelings for me.

I realize too that I may be over thinking the whole situation, and that I should just relax and go with the flow more. Just kind of hard to do since I do really like her.

Do you think I should ask her what her feelings are before trying to hang out again or should I continue to date her and see what happens? Thanks in advance for any advice you may have!

try to play it cool....if you can. Continue being nice, no pressure, she will come to you.

I agree. I would back off a little. My instinct says she's just not that into it but maybe she just has a ton on her plate right now. If you put the ball in her court for awhile you'll soon find out if she wants to pursuit something or not.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You left in May it's now July I think your time has passed.

Thanks for the advice everyone! She actually texted me earlier today asking if I am free to hang out tomorrow. Turns out that I'm busy but this is definitely a step in the right direction!