+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Having my Ex in the picture

Having my Ex in the picture

Ok so about 2 years ago I dated this woman for around 6 months. We decided that we made better friends and ended the relationship. We are good friends and hang out alot as just friends but over the last 2 years around once every 2 months we have sex. It is somthing on both our parts to just releave the tentions if you know what I mean.
    Any way I have started to date this wonderful woman and I told her about my friend. I told here that we had just had sex less then a month before I started dating her and have been having sex for the last two years with my friend but it meant nothing. I told her that I wanted to be able to spend time with my friend alone without her getting upset and that she should trust me.
    Well needless to say the new lady in my life is not ok with this. She is very uncomfortable with the idea that an ex will be in our relationship and that I will spend time alone with my friend and that my friend comes over at night, even though I told her that the sex with my friend will stop now that I am dating her.
    Is it me, do I just not get it, or am I wrong for wanting this?

Quote Originally Posted by Sevrn View Post
    She is very uncomfortable with the idea that an ex will be in our relationship and that I will spend time alone with my friend and that my friend comes over at night, even though I told her that the sex with my friend will stop now that I am dating her.
    Is it me, do I just not get it, or am I wrong for wanting this?
    It's obviously not just sex that you are getting from this friend so it's understandable that your new girl is uncomfortable with the idea of you continuing seeing your ex and any emotional affairs that will stem from it. It looks like you'll need to make a choice between the two. Lose one or the other.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

let me ask you this, how would you feel if the situation was reversed?

Thank you for your replies. I am glade to see it is not just me.

I have been a bit misleading on this subject. The situation is really reversed. I am the one uncomfortable with her and her ex boyfriend. I am sorry for being misleading but I have posed this situation many times before and was always told that it is just me, that I shouldn’t feel this way or that I am being controlling if I want her to stop seeing this guy. I felt like if the situation were reversed then of course it would be wrong and boy was I right.
    Thanks again for the replies and for letting me know it is not just me, that I do have a reason to feel the way I do.

Regards

Sevrn