+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Feeling empty. Don't know what to do.

Feeling empty. Don't know what to do.

There's this girl at my job that I really like. I found her really attractive the first day she started working at my job. We would chat here and there and as time goes by, we started talking a lot more. I started to get to know her more and I liked her even more. I never told her I liked her in the beginning because she had a boyfriend at the time. She started flirting with me here and there and she told me she would find reasons just to interact with me and then later on told me that her boyfriend broke up with her. Four days after her boyfriend broke up with her, she told me she likes me a lot and that she found me attractive since she met me (I'm not a good looking guy, and she is very pretty in my opinion) and I told her I've liked her too since I saw her and she kissed me. This blew my mind. I never thought she would like me back. She is literally my dream girl.

So we started talking a lot more in a personal level (we would hide this since we're coworkers and we didn't want to get fired). It was going great for about a month. We would make future plans and yadda yadda. We would kiss and hold hands like real couples. I was faithful to her and I never did anything to hurt her in anyway. I was always there for her when she needed me. I respected her and I never looked at her as a sex object even when she told me a couple of times that she wanted to have sex with me. She then started giving me hints that we're not together and that we're not dating but I shrugged it off. And then all of a sudden she started to distance herself out of nowhere and then eventually cut contacts with me. I wanted to ask her why but I didn't wanna look needy. She only talks to me at work but barely. She doesn't look at me anymore either. We would smile at each other sometimes but I know it's fake. There's just this tension between us and she just acts like nothing ever happened. She left me without saying anything. I didn't know what to do at this point and I just feel empty and lost. I really have no idea what I did or what I didn't do that made her leave me. Couple of weeks after she cut contacts with me, she's with another coworker! and they're "in a relationship" and calls him her boyfriend. She never liked him before and now she's with him.

It's been two months since she cut contacts with me and I don't contact her at all either but I still think about her everyday till this day. I miss her so much. It breaks me that she's with someone else. I loved her and cared about her so much and everything just went down the drain out of nowhere. Before, I would go to work just to see her and now I don't even want to be there anymore. It just kills me every time I see her and knowing that she's with someone else. I've just been pretending that I don't care as I don't want to look desperate. I wanna talk to her and let all of these feelings out but she doesn't even care anymore and it wouldn't even matter since she's already with someone else. If I bring it up, I know I'm gonna look like an idiot. I know that it's a bad idea to go out with a coworker but I really liked her so I took the risk.

I'm trying so hard to get over her but I can't. I know that I can't get her back. I just want this empty feeling to go away and I don't really know what to do. Any advice?

Sorry for the long story.
    Last edited by Nezart; 23-07-13 at 08:13 AM.

It was too soon after her breakup.. Plus yyou should have made a move if you knew she wanted to sleep with you. Being a gentleman is great in the beginning but if shes ready to sleep with you-it usually means she trusts you and you dont have to try and prove you dont see her as a sex object coz she already knows that..

Anyway even if you did take things further-she prob would have dumped you anyway coz she just got out of a relationship.
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

I knew that she trusted me and I never made a move on her cuz I thought we were going to be together for awhile seeing how everything was going great so I never worried about sex. I was thinking it will happen eventually.

I just want to get over her but no matter what I do, she's on my mind.

Continue with no contact and try to get a new job or a job away from her if that's possible

I already deleted her number and I'm sure she already did the same.

I don't really wanna leave my job and she mentioned about leaving cuz she doesn't like working there (she mentioned this before we started dating). When we started "dating", she said I'm the only person she looks forward to seeing at work and the only person that makes her happy. We work in a small building and she's actually in a different department and she's in an area where I don't go that much. I still see her since our jobs require a lot of walking around the entire building. I don't know when she's gonna leave and I've been pretending I don't care but when she does, I know I'm gonna be depressed.

I really miss her. My heart wants her back but my mind is telling me to let it go and move on. I don't know how or what to do.
    Last edited by Nezart; 23-07-13 at 09:28 AM.

Well... she quit today

Really sucks but I guess this will help me get over her now that I probably won't ever see her again.

It's been a little more than two months of no contact and she's all I think about. Not a day goes by where she doesn't cross my mind. No matter what I'm doing, I'm thinking about her. This isn't normal...

It is quite normal...well to a point of course I wouldn't worry too much about it. As time goes by you will start to feel differently about her until you can just think back to it as a pleasant (short) episode.

Eventually your only regret about it all will be that you didn't bang her brains out over an office table