+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My boss dumped me

My boss dumped me

He's the situation, I moved to a small town away from home to take a good job oportunity. I work in the same office next to my boss, and we work on the same projects together. After working next to each other for about a year, I was going back home to visit some friends and she wanted to go with me. We went back to my home town and when we were there she came on to me. I was really hesitant because I really liked her and if anything went wrong, work would suck.

We ended up together and for a month and a half we couldn't get enough of each other. She always wanted me to come over to her house and I always wanted to be with her. We talked all the time and before we started dating I told her when ever she has an issue, to talk to me about it, I'll listen. Well one day we were talking about some day we could get married, the next, she wouldn't talk to me.

We always ate lunch to gether and went on breaks together, and she started sneaking out without me. She stopped returning my phone calls and that drove me crazy. It is the hardest thing in the world to work next to your girlfriend and have her ignore you all day. This went on all week and on thursday she IM'd me and said she needs some space. I said ok, so I took the next day off to help give her space. On friday when I was at home I asked her what time I should come over on Sat. because we still had plans and she IM'd me and told me that she just needs to work some things out and then after talking a little while about it, she told me she wasn't used to somebody treated her good and wanting to be with her. She then broke up with me.

She has a best friend that also work with us, and she seemed upset that we were dating because she had less time with my girlfriend. The friend also doesn't believe that love is possible, and I think she got into my girlfriends head.

My girlfriend kindof made it sound like she wants to get back together in a few weeks after she gets her life straight, but I'm not sure if I can trust her now. I don't trust people very easily, and the only reason I trusted her so quick was because we worked together for a year. What do you people think?

You shouldn't expect much. Seen this story a hundred times and it never works out. Odds are the friend did get in her head, exact same thing happened to me this summer and I thought it was only going to be for a few weeks or a month tops, she saying she still loves me, all that bullshit. Then I find she never wants to work it out, just leaves without even giving me a reason, and her dad told me it was basically because her cousin had gotten into her head about her spending all her time with me. Hopefully it'll work out for you, but I wouldn't count on it.

I'm not counting on it, right now I just want to talk to her in person or even on the phone before work tomorrow. I'm the type of person that needs to work through a problem no matter what the conclusion, just need to work through it.