+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does stress really prevent boners?

Does stress really prevent boners?

I have had 3 occasions in which it was difficult for my boyfriend to achieve an erect penis. He equates this to stress. Is this common or can men always achieve erections, unless my suspicions that he is not attracted to me anymore are true. What do you think or know???

It seems possible, he could be preoccupied with other thoughts and isn't in the mood.

Quote Originally Posted by allyups View Post
    I have had 3 occasions in which it was difficult for my boyfriend to achieve an erect penis. He equates this to stress. Is this common or can men always achieve erections, unless my suspicions that he is not attracted to me anymore are true. What do you think or know???
    stress can definitely affect a man in them getting erect. sex has to be whats on their mind for them to fully enjoy it. if they have other things on their mind or stressed about anything that will effect them getting aroused or completely errect

Lots of stress

I know he is concerned with ill relatives, money, etc, but I find sex as the only way to relieve stress. What can I do to distract him from life's issues that weren'y a problem before (in the case of sex)?

Quote Originally Posted by allyups View Post
    I know he is concerned with ill relatives, money, etc, but I find sex as the only way to relieve stress. What can I do to distract him from life's issues that weren'y a problem before (in the case of sex)?
    u have to try to make him feel comfortable. obviously if that stuff is on his mind like that, then he is thinking about it in the bedroom, its not that he is trying to hurt you or do anything negative to you in any way but when guys have things on their minds it can definitely affec tthem. try to make him feel comfortable and stimulate mind so he does not think about it

Do something different than usual in bed, or take the whole day to get his mind off problems by doing something together. Don't make it too focused on him getting an erection ... I don't know about all men, but usually they feel like a failure if they can't get it up.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by miSSleepy View Post
    Do something different than usual in bed, or take the whole day to get his mind off problems by doing something together. Don't make it too focused on him getting an erection ... I don't know about all men, but usually they feel like a failure if they can't get it up.
    Yep.

Talk to him about getting help, too. There's nothing shameful about it, and the stuff works.

Is it that he really can't get one or just that he doesn't show up with one? Have you tried putting the thing in your mouth?

Anyway, yes, stress can really mess with a boner. Try to be understanding. Being disappointed is probably exacerbating the problem.
    Spammer Spanker

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm feeling kind of sorry for your boyfriend.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I think it helps. And trust my words from a stressed but horny college guy.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    take this advice, being that you're a girl. if it doesn't stand up, then you'd better start sucking and give it the proper support that it needs.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...