+ Follow This Topic

Thread: what the Hell is Space???

what the Hell is Space???

2 months ago i suffered a relationship break. During that time me and my man were on good terms. Of course i became scared when I realized we may not get back together and i layed my feelings on the line for him which appears to have back fired on me. We as humans tend to be scared of the unknown but I did know he had been out on a date several times with someone but hopefully not the same one every time. Our last conversation he told me he needed space and it would be best if we didn't talk. He needed that time to figure "things" out. It has been so hard not to call because I feel if we DON'T talk we will drift even further apart. How long is "space" when we already had 2 months of it????

He is testing the waters. He wants to see if there is anyone out there that is better than you, and if he can't find anyone, he'll be coming back to you.

Honestly, he's not worth your time. In my opinion, if someone is wanting a break or space and is going on dates, they are full of shit. People need space so they can have time alone WITHOUT the aspect of dating.

let him go. if he wanted to be with you, he would be dating you and not everybody else...
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by MissUnderStood View Post
    It has been so hard not to call because I feel if we DON'T talk we will drift even further apart.
    That was probably his underlying intention. Some people break up slowly to "soften" the impact.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Yeah He probably hopes this "space" and time will soften things.Like was said, if it was just he really needed space...He wouldn't be dating.

You deserve someone better No one should wait for someone else to see if anyone better has hopped into the dating pool, or if they want to just stay with you for now...It's not right.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Space is whatone uses to get out of a relationship slowly. I would move on from this guy, since that is clearly what he is trying to do.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

people need space to be a whore.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ^^ That too.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    people need space to be a whore.
    I've noticed that people mostly use breaks as a way to do something with someone else that they can't do when they are in a relationship. So even if after the "space" they come back to you, be weary.

I mean... I've known people that would go on a break, sleep with someone they've been wanting to sleep with, and go back into the relationship with a clean conscience because they didn't actually cheat (in their eyes).

Quote Originally Posted by WingsOfDarkness View Post
    Yeah He probably hopes this "space" and time will soften things.Like was said, if it was just he really needed space...He wouldn't be dating.

You deserve someone better No one should wait for someone else to see if anyone better has hopped into the dating pool, or if they want to just stay with you for now...It's not right.
    I agree. The only time 'space' is acceptable is if you need to cool off from an argument.. or if you feel you've been arguing more than usual, taking eachother for granted etc. and you need a bit of an 'absence makes the heart grow fonder' remedy.

He's most likely just trying to break things off gently with you. You say you were on good terms when you decided to have a break.. maybe that's the reason he doesn't want to cheat on you or hurt you.
    On the other hand it could have started out as a genuine break.. but maybe he enjoyed being apart from you more than he did with you and has decided to keep it that way.
    Either way.. I'm gathering you still like him and still want to be with him.. but at the moment it seems to be unrequainted. Best advice I can give you is to date someone too. See how he likes it and reacts. If he seems bothered then you can use it to your advantage. If he isn't then you may as well continue your dating.
    Don't be scared of dating someone else. There's no point staying single just for him. He's not going to think 'sod her' if you start dating someone else and he's jealous about it.
    If he isn't jealous then he'll act the same whether you do date someone or not.. so you really have nothing to lose.
    your boyfriend thinks I'm hot

According to Wikipedia:
    Space is the property of the universe in which matter is physically extended and objects have positions relative to one another.

In classical mechanics, space was treated as being separate from time and is thought of as one of the few fundamental physical quantities. In Isaac Newton's view space was absolute, and held that it exists permanently and independently of whether there is any matter in the space or moving through it.

In mathematics spaces with different geometries and numbers of dimensions are described, and this is used in modern physics where both space and time are to be thought of as part of the boundless four-dimensional continuum known as spacetime. From the experimental support for Albert Einstein's theory of relativity scientists now find that space and time cannot be entirely separated. In addition, space is found to have physical properties including intrinsic curvature which varies according to mass distribution. Therefore it was Einstein's view that space and matter cannot be entirely separated either.

Among physicists and philosophers there is disagreement regarding whether space is itself an entity, or is part of a conceptual framework.

So, basically, according to physics, space can be forever long unless you control time. If you take the time away and move on, the space will dissapear like it never were, for example. So, you have to play God for this one and make your own decision.
    Last edited by boobaa; 30-05-08 at 08:11 PM.
    Don't expect anything.