+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dating Question for my Roomate

Dating Question for my Roomate

Ok....

So my roomate has been on 5 dates with this guy that she likes. (5 dates, only one per week, dinner, or dinner and a movie with a possible sleep over). She is starting to wonder where things are going but doesnt know when is the right time to talk about it or how to bring it up...they havent even talked about ex's (he could have just gotten out of a serious relationship and is looking for something very casual, or he could have been single for awhile and looking for something serious...the options are endless) and althought she wants something casual she really likes him.

I am out of the whole dating game so it was hard for me to offer advice. I told her that she should try to see him maybe twice during the week to see how he reacts to that...she also said that maybe after 10 dates she would try and talk to him about where the two of them were going.

Anyway i would love to hear what you guys think....
    thanks in advance for your advice.

Roomate? x)

Tell her to talk to him next time or something.

housemate i geuss is a better way to put it...

you think they should talk about it that soon? or should bring up the convo about the ex's first?

I don't think it's too early to talk about it. She could always test the waters by asking him how he would feel if she went out on a date with another guy. Then she doesn't quite have to lay her feelings out on the line just yet, but can see how he feels about exclusivity.

If he's really into her, chances are it would bother him right?

She probably wants more responses from guys, but that is what I might do if I were in her situation.
    Last edited by starbuck; 02-08-08 at 08:48 AM.

Tedel Guest
    Does she have any idea of what is he looking for?

I think she can learn to handle the situation leading him to be with her if she knows how to convince him.

No sex before being a couple (bf/gf) would be a very good policy if she wants something long-lasting with this guy.

she has no idea what he is looking for...thats the main problem, she wants to know but doesn't know how to go about figuring that out

i believe in communicating...however when you are starting new i feel like its almost better to just read body language instead of discussing things.

what do you things?

How can you determine what someone is looking for through body language?

No, I feel that if you are looking for a serious relationship, there's nothing wrong with communicating. Why go on 10 dates before asking if there's only one or two dates a week? I wouldn't want to waste 2 months on someone when I could have found it out in week 1.

true...very good point.

thanks

Tedel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by VLee View Post
    she has no idea what he is looking for...thats the main problem, she wants to know but doesn't know how to go about figuring that out
    Ask her to have friends of the opposite sex. As many as she can get. That will lead her to know what kind of man she will like later for boyfriend.

How old is she, by the way?

she's 22.....