+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Secret Admirer

Secret Admirer

How do you (guys) view having a secret admirer? (Do you look at it as something creepy that a woman sends you anonymous gifts?) If you happen to like this sort of thing, what kind of gifts would you like to receive (e.g. teddy bear? lol)?

I've always wondered about the male perspective on this...

I'm not a man but I can imagine he would be pissed off that she is wasting his time with guessing who it may be. A man admires a woman he knows admiring him (and possibly sex lol).
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

well, most often it's a physical attraction (unless you've known the person) so it's very flattering, always flattering from a guys perspective. just on a very rare occasion when a girl walks up to me and talks is enough to make me strut the rest of the day and feel damn good!

what about you girls? I mean if I was a chick I'd probably feel creeped the hell out.

I would not want an anonymous woman sending me gifts or cards or other stuff. It would freak me out. I would wonder why they don't try talking to me and if they were obsessive or something.

Are you even on the guy's radar? If you aren't, try to get on it using a normal approach. It can be as simple as saying hi.

We don't get off on having suitors like woman do. We may cherish the gift if we cherish the person though.

I'm not a guy but I'm answering anyway

I think guys like straight up women. When a woman could be upfront about her feelings for you it shows she's confident because she's taking a risk of either being turned down. That secret admirer thing is so high school IMO. If you're adults, you should be able to express your feelings in a mature way.

That's my opinion anyway.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

'Freak me out' - what do you mean with this?

But if someone sent me a teddy bear, I would think someone is pulling jokes on me, paranoid as I am.
    Don't expect anything.

It would freak me out because movies such as Swimfan and A Thin Line Between Love and Hate made an impression on me. Its scary to me to think of girls going psycho on me. So maybe it wouldn't freak most guys out, but I can't really see you gaining anything by sending the gifts. Maybe you just want to send them and not really care about anything happening. In that case, be the secret admirer, but don't go psycho

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't see why a young man wouldn't find this flattering same as a girl would.

Just don't go overboard. Keep it small, cute & light. There are still some guys out there who view 'chasing behaviour' as strictly man-territory. If you are too aggressive, it could be a turn-off.

But you have to let him know its you.
    Don't expect anything.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I don't see why a young man wouldn't find this flattering same as a girl would.

Just don't go overboard. Keep it small, cute & light. There are still some guys out there who view 'chasing behaviour' as strictly man-territory. If you are too aggressive, it could be a turn-off.
    That's what I was thinking!
    :-)

I was going to do this but I'm not going to anymore knowing that he's not interested in me.

Quote Originally Posted by AirbenderAang View Post
    I would not want an anonymous woman sending me gifts or cards or other stuff. It would freak me out. I would wonder why they don't try talking to me and if they were obsessive or something.

Are you even on the guy's radar? If you aren't, try to get on it using a normal approach. It can be as simple as saying hi.

We don't get off on having suitors like woman do. We may cherish the gift if we cherish the person though.
    We used to talk but he's stopped calling and IMO, if he doesn't call, that means he's not interested (anymore).