+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How would you read this? Opinions please

How would you read this? Opinions please

I need your objective opinion on what this means. It's a text message I received on the cell phone last night from the girl I've been seeing and it can been taken two ways I think. I've reproduced it EXACTLY as it was sent, line by line, typos and all, that's where the mystery comes in. (See my comments below the text)

Work have a good

night tell your mom

hi and appreciate her

without her u

wouldnt be here

Now the question is does she mean? (My comments in red)

(I'm at) Work. have a good

night (and) tell your mom (I said)

hi and (I) appreciate her (because)

without her u

wouldnt be here

Or does she mean?

(I'm at) Work. have a good

night, tell your mom

hi and (you) appreciate her

(because) without her u

wouldnt be here (meaning we should always appreciate our parents? That's kinda an off-the-wall comment as she knows I do.)

How would you read this? Yeah, I know it's a guessing game and nobody can read her mind but again, I need some objectivity. Thanks.

im more likely to believe no.2 but then again I dont know the conversations preceeding this text message nor do I know you both. Did you ever try and ask her what she meant?

i think maybe you should ask her or send her back some kind of similar text, neway how long have you been seeing her?
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.

Quote Originally Posted by updraft
    im more likely to believe no.2 but then again I dont know the conversations preceeding this text message nor do I know you both. Did you ever try and ask her what she meant?
    Conversations preceeding it? Nothing major, just our usual chats. Certianly nothing heavy.

I didn't asked her what she meant. We talked later as usual. I'm taking it as number one.

I think the only way (in theory) that it could be number two would be if I had made some sort of comment about my Mother (which I didn't of course) that she mis-understood.

I'm not real big on text messages in a relationship. Sure, it's nice to hear from someone you're interested in but a lot can be lost in the interputation, even much worse than emails.

Tone Guest
    Dude... who cares... either way you're looking WAY too into this... LoL come on now man...

She likes you... I thought we already long established this? Come on man, you're sounding like the 16 year olds that post "This girl at the McDonalds drive-thru smiled at me, is she in love with me yet???"

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    Dude... who cares... either way you're looking WAY too into this... LoL come on now man...

She likes you... I thought we already long established this? Come on man, you're sounding like the 16 year olds that post "This girl at the McDonalds drive-thru smiled at me, is she in love with me yet???"
    You're 100% right, I'm acting like a 16 Y/O. Gotta get a grip here....

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ok, she basically likes you and thinks your mom is cool. Nothing more ...nothing less. Its a compliment.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

Tone Guest
    It's good that you act like this, well... no, no it's not, but it's nice to see you care so much about her :P

Just yeah don't look into things so much, try to relax a bit and just enjoy the time you have with her :)

She likes you, you like her, it's a beautiful thing!