+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guys (and Lesbians) . . .

Guys (and Lesbians) . . .

Between two "extremes", which would you say you really preferred:

Women who are somewhat tomboyish - not someone who totally carries herself like a male, but who wears jeans/pants almost exclusively, may wear a dash of makeup if she can be bothered, obviously takes care of herself but just isn't finicky about fashion, hair, nails, etc; or

Women who are very ladylike and put-together - wear skirts or dresses half the time, always have to look cute even if they're just running out to take care of errands, put a lot of time and effort (and money) into their clothes, and are generally very "girly"?

I'm honestly curious as to how carriage plays a role these days. In either of these scenarios, you can assume the women are basically attractive - I'm simply asking if guys (and some of you ladies) are particular about accoutrement anymore, or prefer someone more casual, and why.
    [SIGPIC]http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/2509/glyphmb9.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I probably go for the tomboy. I don't have much in common with the ones who spend hours gussying themselves up. Maybe this is prejudice, but I imagine they're high-maintenance and I don't need that. Plus I want a girl who'll go camping, biking, etc. I'm not into fancy dinners and dancing.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Pretty much all of my girlfriends have been girly-girls.

tomboyish >>> girly girl. High-maintenance screams low self-esteem and superficial.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    tomboyish >>> girly girl. High-maintenance screams low self-esteem and superficial.
    A bit like bodybuilding eh Neo?

i agree with semenole
    "In 96 hours, Jack Bauer has killed 93 terrorists and saved the world 4 times. What the **** have you done with your life?"

Charlie Boy, I strive to embody the humanist ideals of a strong body and mind. I flex my brain in school. Why shouldn't I workout my body in the gym? If you are content with being smart and weak, then be my guest.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Bodybuilding's about cosmetics. Building muscles without any real purpose for them other than to oil them up on contest day and stand on a stage in a line of other bodybuilders.

If your focus was strength you'd be a powerlifter or a boxer or a weightlifter.

wow, you really don't understand bodybuilding then. Bodybuilding can be 3 different things: a lifestyle, a sport, and an art form. It depends on the person. For example, I don't focus entirely on my appearance. I also want to lay the foundation for a healthier body that will benefit me when I'm older. You're also wrong about bodybuilding and strength-training being mutually exclusive. I incorporate many powerlifting exercises into my workouts to increase my strength, which in turn results in greater muscle growth.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't know how healthy bodybuilding is. The careful diet with its myriad supplements just doesn't seem like a great idea.

I suggest people who haven't studied bodybuilding to not argue about it.

Also, I wouldn't tell people to become a boxer if they wanted strength.

Thank you

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Neo I agree with a lot of what you say about other things but bodybuilding has always seemed to me like a cult: its foolishness is apparrent to everyone except for the lost souls who get sucked in and are utterly devoted to it. It doesn't even get girls.

You lift weights so you can get muscles so you can lift heavier weights to get more muscles. For what? What good is all that discipline if it benefits nothing but your own sinew?

Charlie Boy says:

"Neo I agree with a lot of what you say about other things but bodybuilding has always seemed to me like a cult: its foolishness is apparrent to everyone except for the lost souls who get sucked in and are utterly devoted to it. It doesn't even get girls."

you do realize the same can be said for just about any hobby or interest? Don't let a few bad apples distort your impression of bodybuilding.

"You lift weights so you can get muscles so you can lift heavier weights to get more muscles. For what? What good is all that discipline if it benefits nothing but your own sinew?"

it depends on the person. I enjoy bodybuilding b/c it helps give me confidence and keeps me healthy. I'd say that's a good enough reason.

I'm a girly tom boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

I'm definitely a tom boy. So much so that Frasbee keeps referring to me as male and I never correct him, because I take it as kind of compliment.
    "Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies."
    -Rule of Acquisition 76.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast