+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Curious about something

Curious about something

So when a woman that is in love with you at some point but then moves on due to whatever reason and checks out of the relationship, is there anything that will ever get her to come around? I'm just wondering if she sits and thinks about the good memories that you shared or the instant she decides it's over for good she puts those memories in the mind's garbage bin never to be thought of again...

Will a future relationship that sours make her long for the time she shared with someone who treated her good and she knew she could trust? Or once it's over for once is it over for good?

I've never been in love with someone and then changed my mind so I'd never know the answer to this on my own. Perspective?

Everyone is different so it is hard to answer. I think a lot of the time it depends on circumstances. Could be the right guy, but the wrong time. She could have just lost the feeling in which case there is little chance it will just come back. There may be times in the future she thinks of the good times and regrets breaking it off, esp.if she ends up getting treated like dirt.

I personally try and move on as quickly as possible by deleting photos, texts, getting rid of any reminders of my ex. Obviously is it no so easy to erase things in the mind so yeh there'd be times I sit and think about the relationship. But if what I am thinking isn't in line with how I am feeling then I wouldn't go back to the relationship. It would just be fond memories and gratitude that I knew someone so lovely.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Yes people do get back together. There are many stories on this forum that talk about reconnecting with old love interests, esp through facebook. So it happen on more than one occasion. Also another reason to be concern when the person you are in a relationship with is suddenly talking to their ex again because those feelings they share can return.

Occasionally people try again but most of the time relationships that failed will fail repeatedly unless there were external circumstances that caused the problem. A friend of mine had a good relationship but was pressured by her parents to break up with him because he was not going to amount to what they wanted. He was happy with low paying jobs and wasn't even sure he wanted a community college degree. My friend was planning on and eventually did get an engineering degree. She almost got married while away but the relationship went bad so when she moved back here she contacted that guy again because she regretted her decision to break up with him in highschool on her parents' advice. They started the relationship back up and moved a couple states away where she got a job. It can happen. The odds are just against it. Usually by the time someone breaks it off they have so many bad feelings over the relationship that they wouldn't think of trying again and like I said most attempts that fail once fail again because they are still the same person with the same type of problems even if they've changed a few things.

People do try again, and anything is possible, but if the reasons for the breakup are not dealt with, they are bound to be repeated.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Thanks all for your insight.