+ Follow This Topic

Thread: In a horrible Situation

In a horrible Situation

Im a 24 year old male and dating a wonderful girl. My mother is in complete despise of her. We are arguing constantly about me being with her, to the point where it feels like im going to lose it. Its put our relationship on the line to the point where it seems like its not going to last. We have broken up because of it and have not got back together because of it. I miss her so much when were not together. She cares about me like no girl ever has. What do I do?

Why exactly does your mom not like her? Are there valid reasons?
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Quote Originally Posted by QueenofCorona View Post
    Why exactly does your mom not like her? Are there valid reasons?
    My mother simply thinks that she is not the right girl for me. Im 24, cant I make those decisions for myself? The only problem that exist is that her family has had their share of problems.

Why do I miss this girl so much when were not together? I couldn't even picture her with another guy?

Everyone has some baggage. Not to be a bitch but are you a mama's boy? Respect her opinions but don't let her dominate you. You are a grown man. That being said, your mom obviously wants the best for you like any mother. In the end its your life.

Can you guys get together and slowly all try to work to repair relationships? Can't you tell your mom you love this girl and for your sake to give her a chance? If its just the fact that your mom thinks your girl is trash, she may never get over it and thats her own problem for being a snob.

You miss her because you care about her. Don't picture her with other men if it hurts. If she cares as much for you as you care for her she won't be out with other men.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Quote Originally Posted by QueenofCorona View Post
    Everyone has some baggage. Not to be a bitch but are you a mama's boy? Respect her opinions but don't let her dominate you. You are a grown man. That being said, your mom obviously wants the best for you like any mother. In the end its your life.

Can you guys get together and slowly all try to work to repair relationships? Can't you tell your mom you love this girl and for your sake to give her a chance? If its just the fact that your mom thinks your girl is trash, she may never get over it and thats her own problem for being a snob.

You miss her because you care about her. Don't picture her with other men if it hurts. If she cares as much for you as you care for her she won't be out with other men.
    I've always been a mommas boy, but I think its time for me to realize that I need to live my own life. She isn't with other men, and she cant even think about being with someone else, this is what shes told me. And I believe it because she loves me. I'm just miserable without her. We have so much fun together, everything is just right.

Why are so many people having parent problems recently? May I please speak with your mother?

Quote Originally Posted by SirWagginston View Post
    Why are so many people having parent problems recently? May I please speak with your mother?
    What would you tell her if you were in my situation?

At this point, I'm tired of reading about parents shitting all over their childrens' love lives. If you were actually cool/stupid enough to let me talk to her, I would be mean and nasty. If you want to be nice about it, though:

Tell your mother that this girl means a lot to you, more than any girl you've ever met. Tell her that you understand she cares about you and is only looking out for your well being, but that you can't just let this girl go without knowing why. Tell her that "because she's just not right for you" does not really count as a reason, and that she's going to stay in your heart unless it is explained what the real problem is. After all, if you don't know why she wasn't right for you, your next girlfriend may have the same problem, and the process will repeat itself.

Your mother is probably not going to like that, and try very hard to dodge the question. You can't let her do that. You're 24, dude. You have to man up. If the girl truly loves you and is as devastated as you are, then it is your responsibility to man up, not just for yourself, but for her.

same as others said, shes your mum and she wants the best for you,but if she has no valid or good enough reason to dislike her, try to explain to her that you two love each other and she needs to accept your relationship. at the end of the day its you two that are going to live together forever happily ever after not your mum.