+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ex was supposed to come and pick his things.. never showed up. What to do now?

Ex was supposed to come and pick his things.. never showed up. What to do now?

Hi everyone.. Long story short:

After a one year smooth relationship (in which I gave my heart and soul), my boyfriend called it quit because I had 'the talk' with him on commitment. Bummer!

After a pretty emotional break up, he asked for us to stay friends and I said yes.
    Eventhough I accepted the friendship request, I went NC from day one after the break up.
    I really had no interest in talking with him or seeing him. I just needed to heal and get rational.

During a month, he called me a couple of times and ask me to hang out with him, which I refused, it was way too soon. He really was excited about this 'friend' thing but I was never contacting him. It seemed to me that it was just a mean to string me along and get the freedom and me at the same time.

The last call I received was this week, around 11 p.m. and he suggested to come at my place to pick his things up. I said that he absolutely could pick his things up, but that it was too late that day and that he could come during the week-end. During this call, I also told him that I didn't want to remain friends with him even though I've previously accepted his friendship when we broke up. I saw that it was not working because I needed to heal. He seemed pretty disappointed and asked if we could be friends in the future.. I said I didn't know.

He agreed on picking up his things this week-end and ultimately, he never called or showed up. I don't get why and what should I do next...

Thanks for your help!

He`s leaving the stuff so that he`d have a reason to come back and to not let you forget about him. One day he`ll decide to show up and ruin all your mood, that`s one, and two - to try and fix things.
    I`d suggest you call him, right now to pick his shit up and don`t contact him ever again, erase him from memory. Otherwise he`ll always keep coming back, cause that`s how the left-behind stuff works. Or just throw the stuff out, you don`t need it, his own fault for leaving it behind.

I agree with Archie, he's using the stuff as an excuse to keep in touch with you. Just dump it, if you aren't together it's nothing to do with him anymore.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Put it in front of your doors and inform him about it. Short sms like " Yo, your stuff are in front of my doors if you want them back. bye" . If he won't pick it up, we all can assume he doesn't give a crap so it also will be whatever if some homeless people find some interessting things for them And you'll do something good!
    I wazzzz here