+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Putting the spark back into a relationship.

Putting the spark back into a relationship.

I don't know why, but I think the spark has gone from me and my boyfriend's relationship, and I'm really miserable about it, since he pointed it out. It's nice to talk and text, but none of us really feels incredibly excited about it, like we did when we first started going out, and it was all exciting and put a massive smile on our faces. I just miss it, and hate to be stuck in a rut. I love him dearly and I just want to be excited again. Two of my friends said it's happened to them too.

Any ideas of how to spark up the relationship?

Do new things together and do new things alone. If you can not enjoy new experiences together or the way that your partner changes doing his/her own new thing, then what is the point of staying together?

yeah...do new things together, don't let urself do the same thing over and over again. make surprises, like don't text but go right to his house bringing ur home made meals, and a bottle of champagne, do bungee jumping together...stuff like that. something that u've never (or rarely) done. get what i mean?
    when there is no more words left to say. when tears have no more meaning, what would u do?

Quote Originally Posted by AirbenderAang View Post
    Do new things together and do new things alone. If you can not enjoy new experiences together or the way that your partner changes doing his/her own new thing, then what is the point of staying together?
    Right. Doing new things can help you a lot. And sometimes, don't text him,,let you miss him or him miss you. !

Ms.Cruise
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away"

Stick your finger in his ass when you're going down on him...

Basically, you've lost the "OMG SOMEONE NEW!!!!!111!one!11" brain chemicals that you were feeling. Which is much of the "spark" in a relationship. Chances are you've become comfortable with the other person, developed routines, and don't actively change up your lives and patterns enough to keep interested in the person.

Eventually the brain chemicals wear of, the triggers become desensitized, and what you're left with is a real relationship that has real ups and downs, and real life to deal with. It's normal, and pretty much you have to remember not to take the other person's presence in your life for granted.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."