+ Follow This Topic

Thread: what's next?

what's next?

kinda new here don't know how these work so...

i met this girl in my freshmen year. shes kinda quiet, a little shy maybe, her voice is really light. and we've talked and stuff hungout a couple of times. now its my sophmore year and i apparently asked her out in sometimes i started and she said a couple things which kinda ment no, so things got all wierd and so i decided not to talk to her or see her for about a month till things got settled but now were really good friends. but the thing is i thot i'd be over her by now but i'm not becuz i really think that theres something "there" so i'm gonna keep trying to win her. so i gotta know what to do next, is there anything we can do that we can get a little closer?
    also i've had this theory that we both have the same religion so i'm thinking that i might have a chance i'm not sure.

-moe

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Do her parents allow her to date? You'd better find out how strict they are (assuming you are both religious, I know dating *might* be a problem). If she is allowed to date, the only way you will ever know if she will date you is to man up and ask her. Good luck.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

What kind of friends are you? What do you do together? I suppose you could ask her out as a friend and see where it goes from there.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

actually now that u meantion it her parents are very strict. when i asked her out she told me that her parents wouldn't like it and wouldn't allow her. she also says that she can't be seen hanging out with guy friends by her parents. so yeaaa

oh yea well me and her goto lunch sumtimes with a couple of other friends who are mostly mexican and love to be around her
    and also we goto like this shopping center sumtimes
    and yea i already did ask her out but she jst brought up the parents part and was mostly a "no"

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If her parents are strict, I suppose your only hope is to introduce yourself to them, try to make an excellent impression, and then ask their permission to ask her out.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    If her parents are strict, I suppose your only hope is to introduce yourself to them, try to make an excellent impression, and then ask their permission to ask her out.
    That only works if she already likes him. Winning over the parents too early might have an adverse effect. Parents are looking for a father, not a lover. But if she already likes you, that would be your next course of action. I've made this mistake all too many times. Parents love me, and as soon as the girl sees that, she loses interest. You should first establish whether she's interested or not. If her parents were out of the picture, would she date you then? If the answer to that question is yes, then meet her parents.

i know what u mean emoblackbelt
    but i think she only likes me as a friend
    but i gotta somehow get closer to her without coming on too strong

soooo what shud i do