+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ex's strange compliment arrogant or genuine?

Ex's strange compliment arrogant or genuine?

My ex girl-friend who im still legally married to came to my house to pick up our kid that i have custody of. She came with her currently boyfriend who shes madly in love with.she also lives with him and that why my daughter lives with me, and plus she has not job to support my daughter yet.(from her myspace) I'm not sure why he came besides to help. She made a comment that i look like i lost weight(which i did, 55lbs). In fact my weight had been a contributing(her current bf is thinner than me) factor in our breakup which she admitted to .Our breakup was bad but it has gotten better.The only nightnmare left is my daughter repeating her new bf name which i cant control. she then left in his car with our 3 year old. She knows that i still have feeling for her,inside which i admitted in the past She sent a text to my phone saying "you look good" after she left. Is this an arrogant shot at me like "you look good but look who im with" or was it genuine sort of being friendly.all opinions welcomed.
    Last edited by cptjcz; 28-10-09 at 10:32 PM.

It's a genuine compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by Primo View Post
    It's a genuine compliment.
    ok i thought i was a pity thing, cause she feels that she happy and whe wants me to be happy, but how can i be happy as a single father of a girl whos spouse left and she's stop paying support cause shes broke. i feel so enraged but the chain of events but i know that in order for myslef to feel happy i have to let her go completely and just deal.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I also think it was a genuine compliment. But don't let this go to your head. You're broken up for a reason.

yeah i fell for that in the past, in fact when she said i didn't respond. there is big difference between you look good as a healthier person, than you look good as im attracted to you sexually.I feel like almost she has not right to say that to me, given the brutality of the break up-at least on my side. its a weird position to be in. what should i say in the future when she does this. so i wont look rude or desperate.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You simply say "thank you".

And you're right there is a difference between you look good- I want you and you look good- you're doing good things for yourself. It doesn't matter which she meant for your sake. She paid you a compliment don't be a jerk say "thank you" and leave it at that.

It should make you feel good and rightly so, you've worked hard to lose weight.

She's out of your life, it was an observational compliment like g68 said. "But" there's tons of attractive single women out there, and you have custody of your daughter, so now lots of single women with children will be more comfortable to date you too because you know about the responsibilities of parenthood.

You've shrunk your waistline and expanded your potential dating pool :-) Keep working hard on getting in shape and start meeting new women, you're going to have fun, I guarantee it :-)

sounds fair enough, matching her, if she cordial ill be cordial, keep it simple.thanx

funny thing is that break up prompted my life style change. the dating pool i has been hard, honestly im still feeling insecure since this break up. although i've been noticing looks and glances that seem to indicate attraction or interest from women, but im not sure it could be in my head but unfortunately the "fat guy mentality" is very hard to get over.

I think she meant it, If you want her back then treat her like you did when you met.
    It worked the first time !! Be kind and I hope all the best for you.

I wouldn't even think about trying to get her back right now. She's moved on, so should you. Everything your doing physically should be for yourself.

An ex of mine that I was with for almost 5 years sent me a pic and a nice email around my birthday, she looked gorgeous. I told her she looked fantastic and hoped everything was going great, I had no desire to start a personal dialogue again whatsoever though.

Your ex is just being friendly, nice and complimentary, please don't read into it right now, you'll just be frustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by cptjcz View Post
    funny thing is that break up prompted my life style change. the dating pool i has been hard, honestly im still feeling insecure since this break up. although i've been noticing looks and glances that seem to indicate attraction or interest from women, but im not sure it could be in my head but unfortunately the "fat guy mentality" is very hard to get over.
    Give the dating game time. Keep hitting the gym and eating right. It'll happen :-)

thanx i wont read into.she very direct girl anyway thanx guys

Women are attracted by a father who takes responsibility for his child. I guarantee you that. Start meeting people and don't be insecure....even your ex is noticing your positive changes. You should be proud. Be confident and don't let this breakup ruin your chances of meeting someone great--

thanx carmen