+ Follow This Topic

Thread: pickups/interacting

pickups/interacting

Hey all,
    I am Tim and I am 19

I have a slight problem with interacting e.g.:
    How do I start a decent conversation with a girl/woman without her thinking:not another guy with the same story.

When I talk to a girl I want her to see me as somebody totally different than those other guys who approached them but in a positive way of course.

Last time I was in Rotterdam(holland) with a friend to pickup but we cant seem to get past the bloody level of what the hell do we start the conversation without it being thrown right back in our faces?
    What subjects can we possibly talk about without it being too invasive in terms of walking on the streets.

It was busy that day and we both thought we should start a conversation with ''its quite busy today aint it?''
    But when we approached the moment of daring we dropped back for we thought and still think its very boring and wont get you what you want.
    So what we actually are looking for are openers I have read loads but they seem to be below the belt if you ask me. I saw on a site and they adviced people to talk about the things in the world....I mean you cant head up to a girl and say have you seen the news about that french airplane that crashed in the sea.
    I can say a lot of other things about this but to finally get to the point. What are some good openers to get you where you want to go at last(phone number,date)? In terms of walking in the streets,shops etc.

I am absolutely clueless

Regards, Tim
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one that has opened for us.

Hello,

Well there is one simple thing that you can do to start a conversation, and not seem like every other guy out there.
    Despite myself being incredibly shy I often find myself in female company and spend quite a while having interesting conversations.

What I have found is just be yourself and genuine, if you want to get to know a girl/woman then approach her and ask her about herself. The key here of course is to be genuine and actually show an interest (please note, this does not mean fake an interest in her).

It may seem obvious but it does work, simply because for somebody to actually want to have and continue a conversation it has to be about something they can talk about and that interests them.

Remember of course do not treat it like an interrogation, the point of a conversation is to share views and communicate (which is a two way thing) so remember to share a little bit about yourself. Offer your views on things, don't worry if they don't match hers, you are allowed to have your own views. Again this shows that you are being genuine and are actually talking to her but as long as you are relaxed and calm once you get the conversation going then it is quite easy to keep it that way.

You goal should be to get to know somebody new, not get her phone number so you can get her on a date. If the conversation has gone well then being able to get her number and/or arrange to meet up again will happen naturally.

Lee