+ Follow This Topic

Thread: jealousy?

jealousy?

ok im just curious what everyone here would have to say about this behavior on my ex girlfriends part

me and her dated for 3 years and have now been officially apart for about a month and a half almost two months. we hadent talked at all in this whole time period and out of the blue yesterday she calls me talking all friendly and whatnot apologizing to me for how she was or whatever. then she just bursts out with so i have a new boyfriend and he so great and naming all this stuff off about him. now i know i shouldnt care really and try to be happy for her but that just makes me mad.

is this jealousy do you think or her trying to get me jealous? and to be honest why would she even care of my opinion? a few of my friends are saying she is trying to set it up so that once shes done with her current boyfriend she will try to come back to me or whatever? this confuses me why someone would be so low as to call you for the first time in almost two months to basically say you dating a new person and how great he is...

opinions please

She told you about her new boyfriend just to make you feel bad. I do not see any good intentions in what she did. You are jealous because you are still thinking of her somewhat. It's only been a month and a half.

Don't talk to her anymore. If you do, she may just continue to make you feel bad. If you stop talking to her, you will have more time to forget about her.

Quote Originally Posted by Pears
    She told you about her new boyfriend just to make you feel bad. I do not see any good intentions in what she did. You are jealous because you are still thinking of her somewhat. It's only been a month and a half.

Don't talk to her anymore. If you do, she may just continue to make you feel bad. If you stop talking to her, you will have more time to forget about her.

DEFINITELY agree. Had almost the exact same thing happen to me a few years ago, and I REALLY wish I would've heeded this advice. The only reason she is making contact with you now after a month or two is to make you jealous. Even if she's a real nice and sweet person, and her conscious motive was not necessarily to rub it in, that was still her underlying intent. You don't just call up your ex after not talking for two months and tell them about the new guy you're seeing for the sake of being conversational. She obviously wants to flaunt the fact that she's "moved on."

Discontinue ALL contact with her for a while, and I promise those feelings of jealousy will go away. Maybe not too soon, maybe not even within the next few months, but trust me, time does have a knack for taking care of these things (I learned that the hard way).