+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Post Breakup Advice

Post Breakup Advice

Now I'm not going to go into the long history of what has happened with the ex. Briefly we recently broke up because she said her heart wasn't 100% in it and she needed a break. We are best friends and we live within a couple of blocks. We go to the same grocery store, same restaurants, so it is very likely that I will see her around. We have been together for five years

So after the breakup we talked briefly when we exchanged things and then I said I wanted to go no contact. Now I realize I should have probably just not responded but I was drunk when I got the message, yada yada yada.

Without looking to much into So I want to know where to go from here. I'm very willing to give her space, but I want to do it in the best way possible and try to move on myself. Should I say that no contact was a bad idea just do whatever feels right but maintain no contact? This is my first breakup so I'm trying not to completely screw it up. Where do you think I should go from here? By saying that I didn't want to talk anymore, is that ruining any chance of her contacting me thus putting the burden on myself?

Any female advice would be much appreciated!

The thing with my exs is that its been years since I've spoken to them and now we do casually talk from time to time mostly online and stuff.. But yeah obviously you are having hopes of wanting to see her and reconnect a bit, its a bit hard when her heart is in a different place to yours. She does need her space and so do you, if it hurts too much to see her face then just try visiting different places and if she comes and talks to you in a casual way say at the store or something then just take it normally as you would with a friend, things will be awkward around this time and may be for a while and I understand your confusion especially giving the fact it was your first break up. I think you should try moving on and not dwell on connecting with her again, if she wishes to move on then you need to take it on board and try doing it yourself, keep your head up even though it may seem hard now, things should work themselves out in time and who knows maybe in the distant future you guys may reconnect but don't look too much into it, its time to focus on yourself now and not her, pick up your broken pieces and start anew
    Hope this helps x