+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Advice please (Long Post)

Advice please (Long Post)

Just posting this here because I'm confused. Super long post.

I'm a 20 year old college student who has never dated before. It's not because I am ugly or anything it's just that I have always been the studious type and never really tried dating. Last year I met this girl in one of my classes and I caught the feels. In class the both of us would talk during "partner discussion" because we sat next to each other and we both seemed to enjoy it? Actually during one of those discussion we were supposed to switch partners halfway through but we just kept talking and talking, I think that was when I started to catch the feels. I talked to her about how there was a high school girl in my work place that likes me and I also told her about how I had a 30 year old ask for my number and she told me" it's because you're cute.". Anyways she's 23 and from China. I'm also Asian, born in the US. One of our discussion topic during the class was marriage. She was talking to me about how the average marriage age in China for the ladies was 24 - 25 and telling me how I should start dating someone and get married in two years.( She would continuously tell me throughout the semester that I should find a girlfriend) That was when I started to think "does she like me?"

I was the quiet type so I never started any conversation unless if it was discussion time. A week before unfriended came out she asked me whether I was going to go see it or not, I told her if my friends go I might. Later on, the thought crossed my mind that she could have been asking me to go with her so the day before the movie came out I asked if she was going to go see it, she told me she has to go with her friend because her friend's boyfriend doesn't want to go. There was also a time where we were supposed to do some individual work but because there was not enough material the teacher said one could be a group of two. I was walking around gathering the materials and the girl suggested we be the group of two out of nowhere. She said something like "I wanna be a group with you". That's not exactly what she said but that's what I remember. There is this Asian actress who I really like and the who class knew because I was talked about her. Anytime the teacher mentioned the actress the girl would always laugh and point it out to me. She would always show me pictures that the actress posted on instagram etc. Those are reasons why I though she liked me but...

The reason why I wasn't so sure was because she would always skip out on classes here and there. So, I thought if she liked me wouldn't she come to class regardless? She also mentioned her guy friends to me once and a while... like casually bringing up one of her guy friend in the middle of the conversation. Of course she did tell me about how she talked to one of her friends about me too. Towards the end of the semester (the last three weeks?), we started talking less and one day before the end of the semester I saw her talking to a guy. She seemed extremely happy, so, I just kind of gave up. The next day I tried talking to her but she gave me a one word answer so I just stopped. I did not have her phone number but I had her on facebook so I tried contacting her through that about 2 days later and she gave me short responses. I haven't contacted her since. Fast forward a summer and this girl keeps liking my facebook statuses. Not my photos, just my statuses. She even wished me happy birthday, eventhough we haven't contacted for a while. But the thing that kind of reignite the crush was when I posted up a status talking about how I need a girlfriend, she liked it. She was the only girl that liked that post. Actually only three people liked that post.

So, I'm confused whether this girl likes me or not? Or am I just thinking to much?

Just ask her out to go for a slice of pizza or a drink or to the movies ~ Actually ASK her though.. as in: "I'd like to see (insert name of movie here)and would like to take you too, are you available on (insert day and time here?"

If she says no then you can get on with just viewing her as a friendly lab partner instead of with infatuation and "feels."
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion