+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Wedding Party Posing in Undies Appropriate?

Wedding Party Posing in Undies Appropriate?

Hi, I'm new here and have a question for the group. We're a middle-aged couple with a good marriage. Recently, my wife was a server for the wedding of a friend's daughter. The bride's family apparently has a tradition of photographing the wedding party in a manner that I'm not exactly comfortable with. The entire group was photographed standing side-by-side, arms interlocked, in their bra's, half-slips and shoes. Also included was a small corsage that each lady had attached to her bra strap. There were women from about 20 to over 50 in the party. I am not comfortable with other men seeing my wife in any state of undress. She knows this, but said that none of the other members or their husbands or boyfriends objected. She also said that she really didn't mind being in a photo like this with several other women. Am I making too much of this? I'd like to hear from ladies regarding whether you think there is anything wrong with this and if you would do the same. Men, would you have a problem with your mate doing this?

It's an extremely odd tradition, but I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I mean it's no different from being in bathing suits is it? If your wife wasn't embarrassed and feels comfortable displaying her body, then I don't think it's a big deal.

I dunno, maybe the guys here will feel differently?
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Thanks, Starbuck. I hope to get several replies, but I know that numerous people have received copies of the photo, and several of my male friends have seen it. Nobody seems to think it is out of line, however (except me). It's just strange socializing with all these friends who have seen my wife in her bra.

I think it's no different than you and your wife bumping into a friend at a beach really. It is an odd request though, what was initial reason for doing this? How did this tradition come to be?
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah, I don't see it as any different than being in a bikini. If she was wearing a thong, well that would be inappropriate. I think if everyone else saw the humour in it, you should try, too.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Eek! I wouldn't do it, but I am rather private that way. I doubt my husband would like it, either, although I suppose if I really wanted to, he wouldn't outright object.

I am wondering why she was in the picture at all? "A server" is not generally considered part of the wedding party.

I'm not sure how it all worked as far as who was asked to be in the photo. (???)

But, to me being in her underwear is not the same as being in swimwear. Underwear's not generally worn in front of other men, although it does cover basically the same thing. So a principle exists in my mind. Also, I'm not sure what the context of the photo was, but I do think it was a satire type thing, the women posing for the photo with their outerwear missing, even their corsages in place. I know everybody has been laughing about it and making jokes like "did you all forget something?".

I'm also not sure if it is a tradition or just an idea the bride's mom had. Either way, my wife just went along just to not "upset the apple cart".

Tedel Guest
    If my wife were not very beautiful at the moment, I would complain about the photo

Quote Originally Posted by Jimj View Post
    But, to me being in her underwear is not the same as being in swimwear. Underwear's not generally worn in front of other men, although it does cover basically the same thing.
    If swimwear is not appropriate you could agree provided she wears thermal underwear, technically that should fit the criteria

Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    even though the picture is out there the situation is over.

you should be happier with the fact that other people are probably wacking off to your hot wife while you get to bone her.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...