+ Follow This Topic

Thread: High School Romance Advices

High School Romance Advices

Hello, I am a grade 10 student and I like this one girl in grade 9. I don't know anything about her and I rarely met her but I always see her riding the same bus I ride every morning. I am a pretty shy guy and from the looks of it she is also pretty shy.
    My friend said to talk to her and get to know her but when do I get a chance to do that. The morning bus is pretty crowed and I'm not the kind of guy who start a conversation out of the blue. I don't know what to do so please help.

First, just start off by smiling and saying hi for a few days. Then progress to asking her how she likes high school, and ask her what classes she's got. She may have some of the teachers you had, and you can talk about that. If the bus is full and you have a seat but she doesn't, offer her yours.

Keep in mind you have a slight advantage in that you are a grade older. For some reason, lots of kids are impressed by that.

How do you say hi though, the buses are cramped and she would probably feel awkward having a stranger talk to her. Also, I don't think offering seat is probable because while it's a school bus and she gets on the bus first.

You say hi if you catch her eye...

First of all, I don't even say hi to people I know and second of all she is probably gonna be freaked out if I say hi to her out of the blue.

Quote Originally Posted by grotop View Post
    First of all, I don't even say hi to people I know and second of all she is probably gonna be freaked out if I say hi to her out of the blue.
    You're making excuses for why you can't talk to her. If you don't have the balls to say hi, you're not going to get a shot at her.
    I don't chase, I replace.

If you catch her glance you will understand what she is expecting from you. Thus smile her back and start the covo. Besides as a guy you should trigger it.

Catching her glance is kind of tougher than you think. She is kind of anti-social just like me and on the bus she just look out the window all the time.

Don't think too much. Try to approach her as in a friendly way. She wouldnt think that you are expecting something from her. I tried that a lot before. Just saying hi never hurts. The worst thing is she is gonna ignore you by saying nothing however i dont think she will according to my experiences. Plus dont get stuck to her there is plenty of fish

grotop, you're like how I used to be until i realized who cares if she is anti-social, who cares that the bus is crowded, who cares about what other people will think, etc. Grow out of being this overly shy, anti-social, wuss kind of guy because trust me, once you become confident it's 100x better. Trust me, I was there where you were. It sucked at first when I started being more confident because I was still shy, but everytime I said Hi to a girl a liked or took the initiative even though I was shy, it helped me become less shy, become less wussy. And I'm being harsh on you because I know what it's like and what it takes to get out of that mindset