+ Follow This Topic

Thread: no contact.. has it worked for anyone here?

no contact.. has it worked for anyone here?

And what i mean is.. has it worked in getting back with your ex? If so, how long did NC last, how long did you date, and are you still with them? Just curious...Thanks

Just did no contact for 8 days after she suddenly packed up her stuff and left me because of family troubles, and depression. She texted me and we now have a dinner date set up for next weekend, i will let you know how it works out. But i do believe that in my situation it's the best thing because she was really losing herself and needed some time to get herself figured out.

It did with my first ex, I dumped him. Never remained any contact, he contacted me 8 months later, but not for reconnect though, we lost contact some months after that due to some fights. And I had told him not to contact me again.

He contacted me again while I was dating my last ex, alike he could sense something lol. But I guess it was too late and he tried to convince me but I was into my ex, he left me alone after a while and has never contacted me again. So, we are not together anymore.

We dated for 7 months, decided we need to break up. I did NC for 4 weeks. He contacted me during that time. After 4 weeks he came to see me and asked if we could start dating again. At first I said no but then a week later decided to give it another shot and we have been together now for about 4 weeks. Not sure if it was the NC that was the reason we are back together but I do believe the space we gave each other during this time helped immensely as we both had time to think about how we wanted the r/ship to be this time round.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

NC worked for me.. only in getting him to talk to me again though.. but we werent dating that long. We didnt talk for 3 and a half months, besides one time when i drunk texted him (at almost the 2 month mark), and he randomly started talking to me online. He was talking like he wanted to start seeing me again, but i got too impatient when i didnt hear from him in a few days and texted him asking to catch up. He acted interested again but not wanting to seem desperate or easy because he ended it with me, i left it in his hands and he hasnt contacted me n so we havent spoken since which was 3 months ago! I was pissed about that and i felt like if i played hard to get rather than being so forward we eventually wouldve started seeing each other again.. there were other factors which were probably more overriding though, like other girls, but i wont go into that. But now i feel like ive wrecked any chance at a future and ive never gotten over this guy and what couldve been. So my advice is no contact does work.. i mean i was only dating this guy for like 1-2 months and he contacted me after not talking for longer than we were dating.. so give it a shot. But u need to think in advance and be prepared how to act when he does start talking to u again, just play it cool and let the guy do all the initiating.

No contact is a stupid STUPID game. If the relationship is over THEN IT'S OVER.