+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Moving in?

Moving in?

Well let's say you've been with a girl for a few months, and you love each other but have seen each other maybe 10 days total full days together but you talk every day for hours, would it be too soon to ask her to move in with you? Or is it a bad idea? It's tough to bring it up, because I am scared of her thinking that I am moving too fast or something along those lines. I don't know what to do?

Way too soon I would say. Relationships seem perfect in the beginning because its a lot of lust, once the three month mark hits then you start to see if it will really work. You need a lot more time to figure this person out from all angles because moving in generally is a shocker in most cases. People change when you live together.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

I would say too soon. I just went through that situation recently with my boyfriend of a few months, and I just dumped him.

It's not saying you aren't a great guy with good intentions, more so you just don't want to freak the girl out.

Why not try having her stay with you on the weekends? Or on occasional nights? It's similar to moving in, just without the commitment.
    I ought to know better than to do what I do, but I ain't no quitter.

too soon!
    and you might scare her!
    leave it alone for a few more months at least because ya, things will change, and if you have any syblings? i know this may sound odd but ask them how they've felt about living with you. they will give you the most accurate ideas about what problems you have and things you may need to work on before trying to merge your life with someone who's essentially a stranger.