+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Moving on...again.

Moving on...again.

After an agonizing week of emotional struggle (pretty much brought on by myself) and the roller-coaster ride of an ex who wont make a decision in her life, I have decided, once again to move on from her. She pulled me in a week ago quite nicely but now I see it was all for her personal benefit as she has no intention of kicking out her bf. Her last email to me was that she didnt deserve either of us (me or the bf), that in the space of a week she has turned everyones lives upside down, she is making herself sick by trying to hide emails and texts from her bf and her feelings for me from her bf and that she is a selfish cow. If I read that a week ago I would be shocked and totally disagree. Today, I believe her. She is a selfish cow that needs to grow up. I am not interested in doing this drama any longer. My response to her was to take a good hard look at her life and figure it out.

Wakeup - I read Codependant no more. It was good advice from you to refer that book to me. I am not going to enable her by being her prince in shining armour any longer. I am hurting myself and my relationships by trying to be something to her that I am not. If she dumps him and wants to come back to me, she's going to get a real rude wakeup call from me. Because I wont be there.

Get a playstation dude...

Good for you. I hope I can get to the point of indifference soon. More power to you.

You're so right, you don't need any of this drama...

Time to move on for this prince in shiny armour to find a REAL princess who is worth fighting for!

Big hug
    Kyeema

Its sorta painful all over again, even if my gut tells me its the right thing to do. Life is a strange place.

Pain is normal. Let the process unfold. You can't avoid it.

Good luck.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Shes starting to really irritate me. She emailed me AGAIN how much she loves me and how guilty she feels for even thinking of kicking her bf out. And then told me her kids miss me and would like to spend a weekend with me. wtf! Even trying to move on, she wont let me! And I cant delete her because we share a son together. She is just looking to me for support for her crappy relationship. Forget it.

Im starting tennis lessons on Monday; maybe I will meet some cool people there. I hope so.
    Last edited by Toddstar; 23-07-11 at 10:56 PM.

Tennis lessons! Awesome, Todd.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Ha ha, Wakeup I hope you werent being sarcastic! Tennis is cool! No more golf for me!

... Just keeping it on the topic of You being the best You that You can be. No Sarcasm intended.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

*sigh* she emailed me last night. She just wont let this go. Said that her bf is around all the time, driving her nuts. And she is not playing a game with me and she is not trying to hurt me. That it's a very F'd up situation and she wouldnt blame me for bailing. Uh....I DID bail! What is she thinking? I dont get it.

Why are you reading these emails? She wants you to be her night in shining armor... she's a manipulative cow. Tell her you will not be reading anything that doesn't have the subject line: "This Is About Our Son." and then just unread/delete the rest.

Have a good lesson on Monday.

tough thing to do! I will try. I will.

Yes, its hard. No one said it would be easy. How about if you ask her to lay off talking about her emotional turmoil and tell her that if she ever had any feelings for you, she'd leave you alone except for when it comes to the subject of your son?