+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Meeting someone tonight

Meeting someone tonight

Hey everyone. I found this forum earlier this week and wanted to get some advice on my situation. I am a 25 y/o guy. I got out of a serious relationship in the past few months and tonight, in about ~3 hours I have my first date in a long time. I feel I want some outside opinions because I am not sure that I am perceiving things right. Also, I am fairly nervous ^^

Almost a week ago, I visited my favorite local bar. I have had it on my mind to try to meet a girl and ask them out. Usually, I would feel way too shy to do that sort of thing, but my courage had been building some. So, I went after work by myself, but I usually will know some people there. I love to shoot pool and I grabbed a friend of a friend, and we started to win 2 or 3 matches in doubles. Our next match was against a guy and a girl from the same group as we had been playing against. A bit after the match had started, the girl comes right up to me out of nowhere and says, "You are a pool shark aren't you?" Since I almost never gamble and I honestly try to avoid it, I just said, "No, I just love to play pool." She still tried to insist I am and asked me some things like my name and where I was from. So, I told her my name and that I was originally from another state about 15 hours away. Maybe I am leaving something out but, basically, it all happened very fast and I didn't quite understand her reason for asking me. We were back to playing and I hadn't even had a chance to ask her name. I took it as she was either serious I was up to something evil or she was just trying to start up a conversation.

I believe I have sort of already given away the ending since I am supposed to meet her tonight...however, at this point in my story I was rather confused. She was there with 3 other guys, so I had to sort of test my limits. My friend had to go, so I matched up with one of her other friends as my partner. 2 of those 3 guys she was with were pretty cool with me by the end of the night. The other one didn't really say anything to me but I sort of got a bad vibe from him. I tried my best to subtly flirt with her throughout the night, but her demeanor had changed. I was kind of assuming the one guy was her bf or they were at least involved, because she just wasn't the same around them as when she had come up and talked to me. Later on, she said she was going to get some fresh air and it was too smoky inside the bar. I was in the middle of a match and I didn't really feel like I had a chance with her, so she was gone then. I didn't know she would return but she did. I didn't waste my opportunity, and asked her if she would like to play pool again with me sometime, and she said yes. I finally then found out her name, and asked if I could call her. She said that she had been out of town and her cell phone wasn't working or something. That just made me think, "****, that is some sort of way of saying 'No, I really don't have any intention of seeing you.' isn't it?" ... After that she mentioned where she worked, and I also said I had to work the next few days. So, she suggested we meet at the same bar (today).

Am I not seeing something? Honestly, I would say that she is a bit out of my league normally.. but I am still hopeful -- Hopeful that I don't get stood up (haha) We didn't set any certain time to meet, and that bar seems to be open mainly on the weekend, but on other arbitrary days too. Naturally, my stomach is doing backflips.... Well, it is a pleasure to meet you all. Any comment is welcomed. I will update after tonight.

STOP THINKING SO MUCH! Just go on the date and take things in the moment as they arise. When you're busy trying to figure out what someone's about, you're not listening to them, but to yourself, and over half of what you get out of it is what you're thinking, NOT what they're saying. Just let her disclose herself to you from one moment to the next. After a bit, you'll sense her rhythm and will know what to do.

So...I am guessing the other guy wasnt her BF?. How the hell can someone be out of your league?
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

If he thinks she's out o fhis league, then she is
    [URL=http://www.steadyhealth.com]Health Forums[/URL]

OK... nice ****ing retard type of comments ^^

peace ^^

Up yours, tsumetai.

Tone Guest
    So how'd it go?