+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What did i do wrong?

What did i do wrong?

Hi, im in need of some advice, apologies for the long story, i was dating my ex for 4 years from 17- 21 and we broke up about 3 months ago, ive been coping ok with it for a while now and i met this new girl, she's 18 im 21 and the age gap didnt bother me much but i did mention it was a little problem because her parents didnt approve. We have been hanging out almost every day for over a month and have become really really close and she said that she really wants to date me, i was holding off for as long as i can before i committed because i might be moving in 6 months so i wanted to see where it would go first.

Everything was great until yesterday, before then she was texting me every 15 minutes telling me how she missed me and cant wait to see me and then all of a sudden she sent me a text saying that she needs "some commitment" and shes found someone who wants to be with her and the age was always a problem (she said on many occasions the age didnt bother her)

My question is, what have i done wrong? sure ive been out the game for a while but we'd only been hanging out for just over a month and she seemed so 'in love' with me.

Have I done somthing wrong or was i used or did i take too long? Im really confused. If she's made this decision all of a sudden she must of been talking to this guy for a long time?

thanks heaps.

oh and is she worth persuing? i dont think so as she cant choose me over another guy, but i do have real feelings for her, should i let her be?

If she said that the there is no problem with age then I think that you took a bit too long to decide what you want and she got sick of waiting and probably hinting you that there is another guy who want to be with her?
    You mentioned that your moving... how far away are you moving to? Different state? Different country? Few hours from her?
    Have you told her that you might be moving away?

yeah she knew, i told her on several occasions that that is the only thing holding me back. I could be moving 4-5 hours at the most. I just dont understand how she can go from so keen then 24hrs later to being in a relationship? it just doesnt make sense. She was more interested in me than any other girl has been so it is just so confusing.

I think the age think on her part is an excuse. If it really was a problem, it would've been clear without the NEW guy.

IMO, one month without any initiative is a tad too long if she really wants you, and it may start to frustrate her.

Also, my take on the NEW guy is that she could be using him to pressure your decision. Strictly my opinion.

As to whether it's worth pursuing, you need to consider the following:
    If you're moving in 6 months, tough luck. It'll be hard to maintain even if things go smoothly before you leave.
    Are you completely over your ex? Be sure this girl ain't a rebound.

Cheers