+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This is a Public Forum?

This is a Public Forum?

This is a public forum, right? I mean, it's not a Private-Members only where dues are required, thus implementing their own rules for members to adhere to?

So why can't someone come on here and express their views openly and not be hounded by "I'm going to get you banned"? Everyone wants to be a Moderator. And as high profile, powerful and finacially advantageous it is to be one, it's just not feasable to make a forum or message board what it is intended to be. Too many chiefs (wannabees) and not enough Indians.

Not saying that my opinions are correct, however, I believe experience plays a huge part. I'm guessing the average age here is about 20-21? Great.

If you don't like what I said, handle it. If it gets me "banned" (ooooh), it only further supports my argument.

Discuss.

I agree, and I wish there were more old people like you around this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    I agree, and I wish there were more old people like you around this forum.
    Ah, easy there. I'm only 35. And aren't old guys more "distinguished" anyway?

Distinguished? That's just what we tell you guys to protect your fragile egos! Ahahahaha!

just kidding...

Distinguished? That's just what we tell you guys to protect your fragile egos! Ahahahaha!

just kidding...
    Damn, and I thought my better years were ahead of me.

Here's a thought: How about a new category or Over/Under 25 years of age. It'd probably be more popular than "Kissing Forum". I mean, everything about kissing can be discussed in about a dozen posts. (eyes open, eyes closed; wet, dry; tongue, no tongue....bleh.)

lloyd95----"So why can't someone come on here and express their views openly and not be hounded by "I'm going to get you banned"?

This is funny. I can picture all of us on a soccer field. There'll be you with number 95, Shh!, Me and everyone else logged on in the last 24hrs etc etc etc all running around the field. With no rules. It'll be anarchy. In order for the game to keep going (in this case the forum going), everynow and than someone needs a yellow card :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Chlorine
    This is funny. I can picture all of us on a soccer field. There'll be you with number 95, Shh!, Me and everyone else logged on in the last 24hrs etc etc etc all running around the field. With no rules. It'll be anarchy. In order for the game to keep going (in this case the forum going), everynow and than someone needs a yellow card :-)
    Not the same at all. Bad analogy. Try again. kthxbye.

because sometimes people say really, really stupid things just to annoy others.. and it takes up unnecessary space.. and being that this is a free forum, they can't afford to waste space on those annoying things that people posts..
    "Ogres are like onions."

Quote Originally Posted by artyemi
    and being that this is a free forum, they can't afford ..
    This struck me as funny.

For a 35 year old you sure do whine a lot.

I already expressed the reasons behind locking the other thread. I have no need to explain myself any further as per this temper tantrum. If you have a problem with my locking or "moderating" then feel free to PM me and express yourself there.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------

I read the thread you are (probably) referring to, and I have to say that maybe it was just me, but I didn't find what you wrote to Lilwing (?) hostile or offensive; I really only thought you were joking. I would have just laughed if I were him. But, you know, young kids are fairly sensitive about these things. Still, I was surprised that the thread was closed; I've seen much worse. Maybe a thread only gets closed if someone complains...

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    This is a public forum, right? I mean, it's not a Private-Members only where dues are required, thus implementing their own rules for members to adhere to?

So why can't someone come on here and express their views openly and not be hounded by "I'm going to get you banned"? Everyone wants to be a Moderator. And as high profile, powerful and finacially advantageous it is to be one, it's just not feasable to make a forum or message board what it is intended to be. Too many chiefs (wannabees) and not enough Indians.

Not saying that my opinions are correct, however, I believe experience plays a huge part. I'm guessing the average age here is about 20-21? Great.

If you don't like what I said, handle it. If it gets me "banned" (ooooh), it only further supports my argument.

Discuss.
    ?? You lost me here. Anyway, the only thing I'm reading from this is you saying that if we don't like what you said, handle it.

we handle it, of course. But moderators don't have to.

I don't even know what your argument it. That because it's a public forum, you can say anything you want to say?

Well, you can't post x-rated pictures, can you?

Just because it's public doesn't mean it doesn't come with its set of rules.
    "Ogres are like onions."

I read the thread you are (probably) referring to, and I have to say that maybe it was just me, but I didn't find what you wrote to Lilwing (?) hostile or offensive; I really only thought you were joking. I would have just laughed if I were him. But, you know, young kids are fairly sensitive about these things. Still, I was surprised that the thread was closed; I've seen much worse. Maybe a thread only gets closed if someone complains...
    I believe Cybog did recieve a PM from someone in reference to the thread. Which I'm pretty much assuming was a complaint, correct me if I am wrong.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Kiechi
    I believe Cybog did recieve a PM from someone in reference to the thread. Which I'm pretty much assuming was a complaint, correct me if I am wrong.
    I was unclear. You are right; someone complained. What I meant was that I don't know that the thread would have been closed without the complaint.

[QUOTE=artyemi
    Just because it's public doesn't mean it doesn't come with its set of rules.[/QUOTE]
    Exactly. did I break any?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast