+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm his longest relationship

I'm his longest relationship

Hi,
    I'm going to try and make this short and sweet. I met a a guy 7 months ago, we have a great relationship, but i recently found out im his longest relationship...he's 29, im 24. Should i be worried about this? Should i fear he's a committment phobic? It seems that he was very dedicated to his studies in his past, and he's not quite successful, need I worry about the fact that a 29 year old has only ever had a 6 month relationship?

If the answer is no...then how do i keep things in going well any ideas or help would be much appreciated

thanks!!!

i would need more info about him. does he have a job? has he had it for long?

I

Dont

Know
    *MaJiK*

There are not many things I fear in life, but disappointing you is my greatest.

I love you even with your flaws... I love you because of your flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by ruth
    Hi,
    I'm going to try and make this short and sweet. I met a a guy 7 months ago, we have a great relationship, but i recently found out im his longest relationship...he's 29, im 24. Should i be worried about this? Should i fear he's a committment phobic? It seems that he was very dedicated to his studies in his past, and he's not quite successful, need I worry about the fact that a 29 year old has only ever had a 6 month relationship?

If the answer is no...then how do i keep things in going well any ideas or help would be much appreciated

thanks!!!
    he is a man for apples sake, leave it alone. don't need to worry about it. its not end of the world. or something like it.................
    Just chill out girrrrllllllll

What Sombra said.

Tone Guest
    Yeah give us more info, have you asked him why his longest relationship has only been 6 months?

That's pretty surprising but I dont know if I would let it worry me. Do you know if he dates a lot? I mean regardless of age, if someone's only dated 5 women, then the odds aren't so bad he hasn't beat 6 months.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Tone Guest
    Yeah maybe this is just OV in a few years ;D

i wouldnt worry about it. dont judge him by his past

Why the hell would you worry about being someone's longest relationship?!?! ITS A GOOD THING! It means he has never met anyone that he's wanted to be with more than you. Is that really a hard thing to understand?
    I'm drowning in assholes.

Sometimes it's not a good thing though. It could be a sign that he can't commit to anything. That may not be the case for her.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If he has a commitment problem, I wouldn't imagine he would be trying to date at all, and still be with her if this is his longest relationship. I wouldn't worry about it, but I would still try and find out what went wrong before just in case. I would imagine if he was very dedicated to school the reason may be because he didn't have enough time to hold onto a relationship, and he may have this time now!
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

I would agree with you Rosebud if he was like 22-25. School can take up your time. Maybe he just finished school later.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That could be the case. I know someone who's that age still going to school and they don't have time for anyone including themselves.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

It could be that he hasnt had a chance to be in a relationship longer than 6 months because he was dumped.
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast