+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I be worried?

Should I be worried?

There are a couple things my girl does that really aggravate me and annoy me. She is in college I am not, and when I am not around she says things that really get me upset.

She has been in school a month and has obviously made friends. The way she talks to this one friend when I'm not around worries me. Word travels fast in college so I heard what is being said by people I have made friends with.

When she is with him they talk about how sexy her body is, and what it would be like to hook up and have sex. How she has such a nice chest and butt. They talk about hooking up and that the only thing that is stopping it is me. They just talk so sexually around each other and it makes me feel uncomfortable knowing she says these things when I'm not around.

She has not acted on these feelings yet, so far only words. But he is always asking her to go out with her at nights and I'm afraid something will happen. Should I feel this way or should I not be worried unless she actually does does something? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks
    Use me as you will
    Pull my strings just for a thrill
    And I know I'll be okay
    Though my skies are turning gray
    I will never let you fall
    I’ll stand up with you forever
    I’ll be there for you through it all
    Even if saving you sends me to heaven

She could like the attention and is therefore encouraging the guy so that he keeps talking to her like that. She COULD actually want to do it, but maybe she just likes the talk. How is your relationship in general? If things aren't the best and you've had other conflict, then it may be time to start worrying and asking questions. If everything is otherwise as perfect as it can be, then the last thing you should do is take what other people say to heart. You haven't heard this yourself, you're getting 3rd party information which may be inaccurate. If you still keep hearing this after a few weeks and it still bothers you, you should talk to her before doing anything else.

Tedel Guest
    I think it's a friendly flirting. I have had the same kind of conversations in the past, I even name-called one of my friends "potoncita" which is the Spanish equivalent to "butty". Now she lives happily with her husband and first daughter. I am just what I have always been: a friend and period.

Now, if she starts changing her attitudes towards you or your relationship, you can have something to worry about. Just be careful not to cause these changes with the normal and very understandable jealousy you are feeling at the moment.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She's a slut.

Get rid of her.

If there's any truth at all to their interaction together, she's disrespecting your relationship. I think you should brace yourself for getting dumped.
    Spammer Spanker

Misery maybe she's hopping that you step up and do something about it. If she's being disresectful you should call her out on it.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

Tone Guest
    Time to put your foot down, Misery.

Don't let that shit fly.

Misery,

Yes, you should be worried. But... you need to be careful how you handle it because you can easily make things worse by showing your jealousy. You dont want to come off as insecure, even if you are. (we all are to some extent). So if you do bring it up, I would do it in a casual way and not in a worried way. Just let her know that you know about it and you think its silly. You can even tell her that you dont really think that is the direction you want the realtionship going in, but dont make a big deal out of it.

Another way of getting her attention is to start doing the same things she is doing. Personally I dont really like this idea because it too seems insecure. I mean would a confident guy feel like he had to go out and do the exact thing she was doing just to make her stop? Probably not.

If she is talking to this guy about sex, then you can bet they are talking about you. Dont give her any reason to complain about you to him. That is how a lot of cheating occurs, it starts out as friends sharing their problems. Then when he convinces her that you arent treating her right, she has a reason to cheat.

Just play it cool and be honest with yourself about what is happening. If she is doing this now, it might not get better before it gets worse.
    How to Get With and Stay With the Woman of Your Dreams!
    [URL="http://www.relationshipmastery101.com"]http://www.relationshipmastery101.com[/URL]

Tedel Guest
    Just a simple question... how old is she?

This guy is definitely on the brink of stuffing your girlfriend. You need to tell her to stop hanging out with this dude or you should end your relationship w/her. What you say will sound controlling, but a random, joking remark is one thing, and this appears to be well past that. Some time soon she'll end up getting poked when they decide they can do it and you just won't know about it, unless that's already happened and you don't know about it...she's showing no respect for you or your relationship by having these conversations with this guy.
    BROKEN HEARTS ARE FOR ASSHOLES.