+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Please help me I'm a hopeless case with guys

Please help me I'm a hopeless case with guys

Sorry, this might be a little long, but I'm really desperate.

Ok, so I'm a 17-year old girl and I've never really had a boyfriend. I'm often told I'm pretty but I'm still really shy and insecure around guys, mostly because I'm afraid that they'll think I'm boring or too quiet. Sometimes guys approach me, but they're usually really confident and I always think: "he's so sociable and self-assured, I'd feel like a total idiot next to him." I think they often confuse my insecurity with disinterest, because they often give up on me quickly.

So sometime ago, I was at a friend's party and there was this really cute guy from my class who I'd talked to sometimes and who would be going on the same school camp as me (we would be going as camp guides for a middle school camp). We both got a little drunk and I ended up sitting with his arm around me all night. A while earlier (when we were still sober) he had already asked me to sit on his lap, but said no because I don't usually do that kind of thing. Anyway, quite a few drinks later he told me he had always thought I was really pretty. "you're a pretty girl, but you are so quiet!"
    My friend, who was at the party too, told me later that he had said to her: "Does she realize how pretty she is?", so she said to him: "Why don't you make a move on her at camp?" And he said: "What? I can't do that!" and my friend was like because he's like the hottest guy in school and could basically get any girl and has had lots of girlfriends, so how could he think he can't get me?
    she thought it was really sweet, but I'm just so confused, especially because he had a girlfriend about two weeks after that.

I just don't know what to think of it, but I care a lot because I really really like him. Was he really interested in me or was he only talking to me because he was drunk and liked the way I looked? Is being attractive enough reason for guys to like me and want me as their girlfriend? (I'm not a bitch or dumb or anything, just not as funny or flirty as other girls)

Please help me I just don't get guys!

Sounds like the screenplay to Sixteen Candles.