+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Planning to get married in the most dumbest way....please help

Planning to get married in the most dumbest way....please help

Ok I'm a 22 year old handsome guy. I had bad anxiety around girls till like about 19. Hard times talking to them so never really had a date or anything and was scared of sex. After time all that past now I'm confident, not scared of girls and very assertive when it comes to sex (I'm a totally different person now) I started dating around 20 and had some sex too. But till now really not much luck, either no dates at all despite getting tons of numbers, always the usual thing there was no time, no callbacks, date didn't go well etc. And the several girls I did date nothing turned out great and not one was interested in sex and they few that were it just didn't lead to that.

Anyways, 2 months ago I met a very beautiful girl from Russia. I myself am part Russian and speak it too. So we dated about 10 times or so, we didn't have sex yet though. Her visa is expiring in a few months she will leave soon so it's obvious she didn't want to get attached although she seems to like me and even wants to meet my parents. Not only is she very beautiful but totally classy and a nice personality. This weekend she talked to me about how she has to go back to Russia soon and I suddenly asked her if she wants to marry me so she can stay here. The reason I did it to do her a favor (she really wants to stay here) and I really don't want her to leave so soon and be alone again and having hard times. We are not gonna live together either (I don't want too but she wouldn't mind) and we would see what this would lead to. I know there is about a 100 problems I'm creating down the road but I'm sick and tired of being along and having nobody and this time I gotta chance with a beautiful girl in and out who likes me. And doubt she just wants to stay with me to get that green card although nothing is 100% but I find it hard to believe.

You guys can go ahead and stump me but I just don't know what to do now. Surely I can call this off (we still got about 2-3 months) and I'm very confused about this and so is she and we are gonna talk about this more. But of course she is very interested in this ordeal it is her ticket to stay here and after I told her about this she suddenly got so much closer with me either because she wanted to do it earlier but didn't want to get attached since she knew she might leave soon or just to use me.
    Last edited by mr_xxxplosive; 08-01-09 at 03:59 PM.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you're planning to do this be sure to draft a pre-nup. No matter how much you trust her, no matter how much you think she cares about you, it would be a very, very bad idea to enter a marriage of convenience without protection.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

I don't know if a prenup is necessary since I have no assets and don't own nothing. I live with my parents. My job I work pays cash and my bank account has hardly any money anyway. And I don't think I will be rich or successful any time soon lol.
    Last edited by mr_xxxplosive; 08-01-09 at 02:39 PM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What do your parents think of this idea? (I wouldn't want my kid to do it.)
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

So, you're saying you're an idiot...
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I did that, that's how I ended up with an ex-husband. Actually, it was because he ended up turning into a complete dick.......but anyways I originally married him to keep him here until we could get married 'properly' (as he told me he wanted to).

I wish I'd never done it. You don't understand what a legal hassle it is. You have to PROVE to immigration that your marriage is legitimate, and that you have a legitimate relationship. I don't know how it is where you are, but in Canada you are financially responsible for them for TEN YEARS. If they ever go on unemployment benefits, you have to pay the governement back EVERYTHING. Not to mention the cost and time it takes to get a divorce.

Trust me buddy, it's SOOOOOO not worth it.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

I know someone who did that. Don't do it!!!!! That is all.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Look I know the consequences this may bring but I just can't shake the feeling of letting something great in my life go again. I know marrying her I will probably regret it and letting her leave I will regret as well so I'm stuck here! But I guess I will have to let her go her way and just say f*** it and move on and try to forget about it!
    Last edited by mr_xxxplosive; 09-01-09 at 02:38 AM.

If you are wise you will not do it. If you are not then, don't let us stop you. You seem to have decided before posting here.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    If you are wise you will not do it. If you are not then, don't let us stop you. You seem to have decided before posting here.
    I haven't at all I'm in a big dilemma If I have decided I wouldn't bother posting.

Think about this:

What could she possibly see in a 22 year old that lives with his parents, has no assets, and makes hardly any money at all?

Nothing against you, but do you really think that she fell in love with you enough to marry you?

Right when she's a citizen you can expect her to be divorcing your ass.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah dude, in Philly there are so many russian and eastern european women that come over here just hoping they can find a man to keep them there. Their passion for you is really just a passion to live in the States. Can't say I blame them, but it is the "land of the free" and they'll be free to divorce you once they're settled.

You are very attractive to her right now because she wants to remain in the USA. Don't fall for it. You guys will deal. You are in the infatuation stage. You need to be around her for about three years and then tell us how you two feel about each other.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    On the plus side.

He could totally get some hot russian ass.

Russians are hoooooooooot.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    On the plus side.

He could totally get some hot russian ass.

Russians are hoooooooooot.
    Apparently you haven't seen some of the babushkas out there.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast