+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How would you prefer to be told?

How would you prefer to be told?

Ok I'll try and keep this brief

I recently became friends with this guy from college. He was really nice but at first I only liked him as a friend. Now I'm starting to like him as more than that..this is where I need help.

So I'm hoping there might be a chance he likes me too.. to give an idea why I'm hoping haha..
    - He's offered to drive me home twice (out of his way)
    - Spent almost the whole night talking to me at this party
    - Acts really happy to see me

I'm quite a shy/quiet person around people I first meet but I find it so easy to talk to him. Now I'd love to kind of let him know how I feel but I'm worried that I'm reading too much into it and he's actually only interested in being friends. He's not quite as shy as me but doesn't have much experience with relationships etc so I'm scared it'll make it really awkward if he doesn't feel the same way.

Anyway, he goes on holiday soon and I'd really like to do something about this before then or I'll be thinking about it the whole time he's away.

Basically I'm looking for ideas on how you reckon I should go about telling/hinting to him about how I feel.. or if you think I should just leave it and just stay friends? (And unless I make plans to do something with him I won't see him again for 2 weeks so I'd have to tell him thru text/msn)

Thanks!

a kiss on the cheek longer than normal? There are many elegant ways to show you like someone... you're so brave, decide to tell him... I never do that

What works on me is eye contact, smiles and little lingering touches on the arm are good for getting the point across.

Your best bet though is to plain old ask him on a date. I know you don't want things to get awkward if you're rejected but it'll get even more awkward if your feelings keep growing while you fall deeper into the friend zone.

Desire

They are so many ways to go about this. Im glad to hear you like him.

I judge people by their actions, his actions suggest interest.

My main suggestion to you would be to consider his perspective on the situation and what type of guy he is. Consequently react accordingly, create desire, and comfortableness. Let things appear to be natural when you are manipulating things to your objectives. Seduction is psychological war.
    here are some suggestions

You can send some flirty texts hinting your interest. Which are so much fun!
    - Ask him out casually for an innocent reason and create attraction.
    - Be more blunt, express interest. Not blatantly so that he has you figured out , but enough so he knows your interested.
    Ask him if he wants to enjoy some intelligent conversation with you.
    - Competitiveness and challenges are a great way to create fun attraction depending on what type of man he is.
    - Have an interesting moment and just do something totally out of the norm for you example an out spoken gesture or a just random act that can create enticing convo. Something you will feel great doing.
    -Send him a sexy pic of you with a caption to your liking
    -Touches and physical contact are great as well, everyone loves to be touched!

Choose a suggestion in this thread that resonates well with you that being said, most of all have fun and make sure to make a move or else you will regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by 0fficial View Post
    They are so many ways to go about this. Im glad to hear you like him.

I judge people by their actions, his actions suggest interest.

My main suggestion to you would be to consider his perspective on the situation and what type of guy he is. Consequently react accordingly, create desire, and comfortableness. Let things appear to be natural when you are manipulating things to your objectives. Seduction is psychological war.
    here are some suggestions

You can send some flirty texts hinting your interest. Which are so much fun!
    - Ask him out casually for an innocent reason and create attraction.
    - Be more blunt, express interest. Not blatantly so that he has you figured out , but enough so he knows your interested.
    Ask him if he wants to enjoy some intelligent conversation with you.
    - Competitiveness and challenges are a great way to create fun attraction depending on what type of man he is.
    - Have an interesting moment and just do something totally out of the norm for you example an out spoken gesture or a just random act that can create enticing convo. Something you will feel great doing.
    -Send him a sexy pic of you with a caption to your liking
    -Touches and physical contact are great as well, everyone loves to be touched!

Choose a suggestion in this thread that resonates well with you that being said, most of all have fun and make sure to make a move or else you will regret it.
    who are you?
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

I am fluidity.
    A student of all.

Who are you?
    Last edited by 0fficial; 27-11-09 at 04:47 AM. Reason: Comtemplation

Most guys are pretty thick, but if you do that thing where you bite your lips and do puppy dog eyes it couldn't get any more obvious. Telling me would also work pretty well I suppose

Ask him out. Just say "I saw this movie that i really like and i was wondering if you want to watch it with me".

he should get the hint that your into him. actually, if a guy offers to drive you home twice. IN my book, that means he likes you.

kms is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Ask if he wants to go get some coffee, or grab some lunch, dinner, whatever. Spend some more time with him - that way you can feel it out whether or not he's really into you too before you rush ahead and declare your feelings (and potentially get rejected). Take it step by step.

Just tell him.
    Even if he isn't interested, guys don't normally get all weird about it like women do, so you lose nothing.

A lot of guys (me included) just don't pick up on "hints", so don't rely on them.