+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to say when giving a rose?

What to say when giving a rose?

Okay, i'm still young (17) at high school, but I have truely found someone i want to cherish for the rest of my life. The connections between us two are amazing, we're so alike its amazing!

So valentines day is coming up, I've planned to give her a rose ever since we first got to know each other, but I was hoping for a few ideas of what to say?

I'm an oldskool romantic at heart, and I'd love a few words to say that will.. just leave her speechless (usually i can come up with this kinda thing... not this time tho! :S) I don't want to say anything like the reasons I feel so deeply for her or anything, I want to leave that until when we both go London shopping (i have it all planned out ! lol)

So are there any one liners that can prove to her the true and undying lurve I have for her? Something that will leave her with a smile the whole day? Something related to me giving her the rose would be great..!

Any ideas? Thanks! Can't wait for V-day!

Quote Originally Posted by DeSiFiEd
    Okay, i'm still young (17) at high school, but I have truely found someone i want to cherish for the rest of my life. The connections between us two are amazing, we're so alike its amazing!
    You're kidding me right?!

First off, slow down. Second, no Rose....yet.
    You're going to come off needy, insecure, weak, clingy and pathetic; just like you are to me right now.

Quiet confidence my boy.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Why not? Dont tell me you never done the same at my age! And who exactly r u to judge, I wanted ideas not criticisms. She already knows I care for her loads, and we are so inseperable.

Just give her the rose. That should leave her speachless by itself. Saying something might cheapen the experience for both of you.
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

Looks like we got another irrational 17yr old who takes life too seriously Lloyd
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Yeah thats what I was thinking. A few female friends of mine said they much preferred guys who gave roses itself, without any words. Just wasn't sure whether it'd seem a lil' wierd or something.

Yeah, I agree with Ratfish on this one.
    If a dream comes true... then is it still a dream?

Quote Originally Posted by DeSiFiEd
    Why not? Dont tell me you never done the same at my age! And who exactly r u to judge, I wanted ideas not criticisms. She already knows I care for her loads, and we are so inseperable.
    Ugh. You and thick headed.

Yes, I might have done the same thing at your age, and I have learned via experience. I'm just telling you how it is. Go ahead, go over the top, have her scoff at you. You know girls have friends, right? You'll be "that guy" for the duration of your HS years.

And if you think you're free from criticism on LF, you either haven't read one thing here....or are blonde.

"If you want a friend, go buy a puppy, if you want the truth, come to LF."

TAVS who r u to judge? How can you call me irrational from what you read? If ur not gonna contribute anything useful go try me smart sumwher else ye

You're right. Lloyd is quite a bit more qualified to judge than I
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Hey Ed, Do you know how many people your age come on here basically asking/doing the same thing. We older guys have been there, done that and are passing on our experience. One more 22-24+ guys come on here they will say the same thing.

You also left out how long you two have been going out etc.

I dont think you understand the point of giving a rose at our age.

Even tho i think its wrong, it doesn't symbolise as truely as when your older. Its more of an expression - i've seen 4 - 5 roses been given this year, and all have been from a single guy to a single girl, all have got together with the girl too, and have lasted ages... all still together too.

I just wanted opinions, I know its still early to be going i LOVE her or whatever, its way too early. But this is the first girl i've truely felt a connection with - even she says how similar we are.

Well, while I never condone the flooding of romance early in a relationship, the rules are a little different in High School.

If you guys have been dating for awhile or have been flirting for months then perhaps a rose on Valentines Day isn't such a bad thing. At your age, chicks dig that kind of stuff and get all warm and fuzzy about it.

However, if she has other boyfriends or thinks of you as a "friend" then you might be coming off too strong.

Perhaps if you told us more about the relationship we could balance what to say and what would be the right move.

Who are we to judge? The anonymous men and women in the world with experience and knowledge of how the Real World works when it comes to romance and relationships. Some of the advice you find here may come off as strong, but usually we try to keep it accurate.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Cybog
    Some of the advice you find here may come off as strong, but usually we try to keep it accurate.
    Yea; PIITP

Cybog, I have the feeling Roseboy isn't even in a long term relationship with this girl.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast