+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got a bit of a dilemma

Got a bit of a dilemma

My gf and I made plans on Thursday for tonight (Sunday) to go for dinner. Good..that's all said and done. I clear the night to spend time w/ her. Saturday rolls along..and we talked. Turns out she has plans w/ her friend to do a photoshoot for somebody. Ok..she invites me..but turns out I am not allowed to attend. Ok..fine..so I hang out w/ some buddies..10PM rolls around and she texts me saying they're going for drinks. At this point..I just text her saying "I'm not going to see you tonight". That's it. I leave buddy's house, went for a little drive..came home. She left me a vm saying she's home..and I'm not picking up my phone..and she might just go to bed.

What's should I do now? Should I call her back? How should I handle this? I'm the type of person who likes to stick w/ the plan..and this pretty much had to make me come up w/ last minute plans for myself..Ugh..I hate that.

Lol dude get over, big deal, I mean honestly just relax.
    Honestly who really cares that plans had to change at the last minute? It aint like she didn't want to see you!
    I think you should just tell her that it was annoying and continue as you were.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yeah I think this is pretty trivial here. plans always change, and sometimes you can't do anything about it. I wouldn't worry I would just make another date.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Stop bickering like a baby. Work came up..she went to work..and work spilled over into a bar. You act like she was being rude to you. Why dont you try being direct and nice and just tell her how you feel about what happened??

You may be surprised to find out that she really missed you that night too. Sorry, in the adult world sometimes work can get in the way of things.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    LOL, at least I was nicer but yet we agreed again!!!! This is scary carp!
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Quote Originally Posted by funkybuddha
    My gf and I made plans on Thursday for tonight (Sunday) to go for dinner. Good..that's all said and done. I clear the night to spend time w/ her. Saturday rolls along..and we talked. Turns out she has plans w/ her friend to do a photoshoot for somebody. Ok..she invites me..but turns out I am not allowed to attend.
    NO I disagree with everyone on here, if your gf made plans with you first she should keep them! I would hate it if my bf made plans with me then at the last minute decided to do something else!!!! WTF!!

Out of curiosity, was she the makeup artist, the photog, the model, stylist or just someone watching the shoot???

...I have to admit I am leaning more toward Updrafts opinion on this....
    to err is human, to forgive divine

Quote Originally Posted by updraft
    if your gf made plans with you first she should keep them! I would hate it if my bf made plans with me then at the last minute decided to do something else!!!! WTF!!
    Wow, not very flexible here, are we. Good thing I"m not your boyfriend.

I agree that if work comes up there's not much you can do about that. Of course, if she made plans with you in advance and then cancelled them at the last minute so she could go out drinking with other people, then I would probably be a little upset. Did she invite you to go out with them for drinks? Try not to get too uptight about this one incident, if it were to become a regular thing, then I would worry more about it.

I think life'd get rather boring if everything went as planned - gotta love the surprises... But yeah, if she cancelled once because of work no big issue right?

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    Wow, not very flexible here, are we. Good thing I"m not your boyfriend.
    Yep Lloyd...ITA.

I'm trying to become more flexible but i'm usually a planner so i'm with updraft on this one. It was rude especially how it happened, with it being the last minute and all.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

What short notice? She told you full ****in' day in advance she'd have to re-book you for dinner. Get over yourself. You make it sound like your time is somehow more precious than anyone else's.
    Speak less. Say more.

It wasn't work..it was a last minute thing her and her friend decided to do. Extra curricular.

updraft - she was one of the models.

Anyways...all sorted out.

Hope she's not a repeat offender
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~