+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I asked out a coworker and I think she played me

I asked out a coworker and I think she played me

I've always thought dating coworkers is a bad idea but i recently went against that and asked out a friend from work. We were always joking and having fun, just getting along. Soon she started flirting more than normal and one of her friends told me that she liked me. So I asked her out and she seemed really excited. I suggested a day to go out and she agreed. Day came and she said she had some family stuff. Next week the same thing. Week after that too. I'd always suggest something to do a few days in advance and then on that day she'd give me some excuse of why she couldn't go out. After a month I asked her if she really did want to go out with me and she said yes and was just busy as of late. A couple of days later while talking to her she just casually mentioned that she was seeing somebody already.
    I still work with her and I still like her. I've seen her with her boyfriend a few times and from the way she talks she's happy with him and that makes me feel better. However, I can't bring myself to pal around with her like we used to. I don't say much when she talks to me and am kind of sarcastic and cynical towards her, though I'm that way with everyone, it's more so with her. I try not to be mean but sometimes I am. I feel bad about how I am around her. And I know she's kind of disheartened that we don't talk as much, but I can't really be like that anymore.
    So initially I was hurt, really hurt, but that's been numbed a bit. Now I don't know what I feel or even should feel. I don't know what to do about her. I haven't even told my closest friends what happened or what I'm feeling, or lack of feeling. Basically, I don't understand what happened or even my own emotions. The only answers I can come up with are I'm either a fool or pathetic. I'm just wondering what someone I don't know thinks about this.

Lesson learned, right?
    Spammer Spanker

I'm sorry for that.. well, I guess you're right, though maybe she just just had a hard time telling you at first.

And what you're feeling is just a normal reaction for what she did to you. And now she had an idea of what she'd done. If you can talk to her about it, maybe that will make you feel better. Ask her what took her so long to tell you that she's already seeing somebody else?

Are you willing to be friends with her again, cause if you'll just be sarcastic towards her.. then better not talk to her, ignore her. And just talk to her if needed.. just about work.
    I don't know, that's what I think.. I hope it helped, at least.

want pancake?
    “Some people are so determined to find blissful happiness that they overlook a lifetime of contentment” -Unknown.
    listening on my music while trying to figure out your situation..